Large Scale Central

Aristo parts

I am in need of some parts for a Aristo car. Are there any dealers left that still stock parts. I need a new roof walk, new under frame and springs for the trucks. Of course I might be looking for more than that after the hurricane blows through here.

Louis, at the last York Show, Starr Hobby had some roof-walks. You might get in touch with them and see if they have any of the parts you are looking for. But at this stage of the game, I have my doubts that you will find those parts from a retailer. You might have to barter with someone here for what you need.

You might also try Nicholas Smith in Broomall, PA. They used to bring box loads of parts to the train show.

Louis you can try places folks mentioned but they are right you may be hard pressed to find any. You can try GLX they have been 3d printing and recreating parts.

http://glxscalemodels.com/

Yes, but GLX doesn’t have roof-walks, springs nor floors.

Hey David, they may not have them, but it doesn’t mean they can’t make them. After all they do 3-D printing and always looking for new items to make. Just my 2 cents worth. LOL

Chuck, true. He could ask about making the roof-walk and floors.

The springs in the hook and loop couplers supplied by Aristo-Craft are the same as the springs in the 40 foot car trucks.

I was buying two Aristo-Craft 40 foot cars from a dealer who usually gave a 10% discount on sales over $100. But he reneged on the discount when I got to the counter. I pointed that one of the cars was missing a truck spring and asked for a $10 discount. He begrudging agreed. After the sale was complete, I put the spring from the hook and loop in the truck right in front of him. I got my discount and he lost a customer.

Yup, if he said there was a discount, then he should have stood by his word. What ever happened to customer service?

I heard that about the springs being the same in the hook and loop coupler and the trucks, but I forgot. Thanks for reminding me. I need to make a note to myself to go through my boxes of hook and loops and salvage the proper springs from them.