Large Scale Central

Aristocraft Canadian National CN/Apple Billboard Evans Boxcar?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the ART 555700 number for this car is correct or not? I have searched the Internet and keep coming up with a Golden West Service Evans Boxcar under that number. Also I found a photo of a prototype boxcar with the same number and paint scheme bur it’s not an Evans car and is much older. Does anyone know if they owned Evans cars in this paint scheme? Appreciate any info. if anyone knows.

Just for information for those who may not know, this car has the apple billboard paint scheme on one side and the standard CN paint scheme on the other side as the photos depict.

Thanks! Ken

Nice looking car!

Oh, so you want to be prototypically correct. I am not sure if the model manufacturers really care about that. They just like to make pretty cars.

And I wonder if any of the model manufacturers even know what an ACI plate is supposed to look like.

But that is a pretty car, even if it isn’t 100% correct.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! My apologies on the double post, I think there may be an issue with connections. Not sure yet. Will keep searching. Ken

Oh and by the way, your right about manufacturers inability to be prototypical. I was just wondering because I like for kids in the program to be able to identify with the real thing as close as possible, if possible and have photos that are as close as possible also.
I assume they must have used the real car pictured to create this Evans car because this is the only one with the same number on their roster. Just a thought!
Thanks again and thanks for deleting post 2! Ken

http://aristodatabase.x10host.com/?prodid=555700&year=2005

A little info here Ken, regarding the car and Aristo Evans range.

Well, maybe Aristo figured one plug door boxcar was as good as another. At the time they made it, I think the Evans car was the only plug door design they had. They came out with a different design plug door car a few years later.

Alan,
Nice info. You seem to find the most amazing things. Nice to know!
Wonder if they also made the car with the cow on the side?
David,
I know they made a lot of paint schemes in the Evans series but a limited number in Canadian road names, especially colorful billboard cars. You are very correct in as they only had the one car but for some reason I apparently have never seen photos of all of Hobby Craft Canada’s special run equipment. This one was sure new. I never knew it existed until now.
Thanks guys! Ken

2005/06 Hobby Craft Canada Catalog.
Apologies for sideways photos. It’s the only way the phone would take the photos.
Tried left and right rotation on the phone but nothing worked. When loaded onto the reply, it still posted sideways.
Hopefully can be rotated on a computer.

I purchased both the Evans Apple boxcar and Evans Beef boxcar from Art Knapp in March 2007. They were Aristo-Craft’s Canadian Distributor at that time. We run them on Doug Matheson’s Northland Railroad. Attendees that run on Sunday at Doug’s during the annual American Invasion of Ottawa have probably hauled these cars.

CN 283032 was an insulated boxcar with the eye-catching apple scheme intended for shipping foodstuffs.

Evans Apple boxcar

Mechanical reefer CN 235091 was built in August 1969 with meat rails added.

Evans Beef boxcar

The pictures and information were gathered from the Trackside Treasure blog.

Thought they made a beef car. Thanks for sharing the info.Paul. Ken