Large Scale Central

3-D Printers, Home Versus Professional Quality

I think that I will join the Urban Workshop this/next week. One perk is that members get use of the TekPro Dimension Elite 3-D printer. This is a professional 130 pound unit with a resolution/layer thickness of 0.007". In fact, this is the very unit in the photo.

If someone wants to send me their file, I can print it out and we can compare the differences. (Korm, let’s see if Rebecca Stamos comes out looking like an alien.) If you pay postage, I’ll send you a copy of what I make.

Thanks,

Todd

That looks like the same one at my home office. In fact, with the large format printer sitting next to it, it could a picture from my home office.

But I don’t get to play with that toy. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

is that one of these 30,000$ mashines?

thanks for that offer, and i am sure, i’ll take you by the word.

but don’t hold your breath.

at the moment i prepare to learn how to pour in molds, and planning a setup to try out photo scanning.

and when the epoxy, i ordered, finally comes, i will try, to smoothen surfaces with epoxy and/or with acetone vapor.

but, i hate to admit it, since i’m back from hospital after my last near miss in november, i am reduced to slow motion.

so it will take time.

slow motion is better then no motion