Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC
  • Topic: Mini Panel Cab Bus Connection necessary?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 13, 2016 10:06 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Mini Panel Cab Bus Connection necessary?

Can anyone tell me if the NCE Mini Panel can run independently once it has been programmed? Another words, once I use the Pro Cab to program it, can it just be connected to the track and a 12 volt power source (and of course its input buttons) and run my macros? All the diagrams show the Mini Panel connected to the Cab Bus, but the instructions seem to imply that is for power. I am going to use the Mini Panel in my outdoor garden railroad for controlling siding automation. It may be difficult to run the Cab Bus to the siding location so I would like to program it at my work bench then install it at siding.

Thanks
      Steve

• March 16, 2016 2:26 AM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

it is not connected to the track, it connects to the cab bus, it generates commands like a throttle does, and the command station puts the commands on the rails.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• March 16, 2016 7:38 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Thanks Greg, Mark on the NCE forum helped me out.

Steve

• March 17, 2016 3:18 AM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Saw that, figured I'd have the answer shown here too.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google