Large Scale Central

Accucraft Bigboy first run

Evening all

Thought you might like to see a quick video of the first run of an Accucraft Union Pacific Bigboy. Although it was a pretty cold day the loco still easily hauled the test load as you can see in the film. Sorry for the poor quality it was filmed on my phone.

Regards

Stuart
https://youtu.be/6CWL_TkyEHo

Wow that is a nice engine.

Amazing consist. What a puller!

Stuart, thanks for sharing the video. That engine is very impressive. It looks wonderful and runs beautifully - what a great combination. And it seems like it can handle everything you choose to put behind it.

Nicely done.

Gee to bad you ran out of gondolas!

Yes it was impressive.

Thanks everyone

Yes we have about 17 box cars to use with this loco but didn’t have them with me yesterday. Here in the UK USA outline gauge 1 is fairly unusual so expect to see more of this loco with small uk stock while we build up more of a collection. Looking forward to Accucrafts new coaches next month.

Stuart

Looks like a great first day out Stuart! I’m guessing you have it R/C 'd since I belive I can hear those servos screaming and I thought I saw throttle change without fingers coming into view. What functions do you have on R/C? It’s certainly mesmerizing to watch, and wow can that thing pull! Congrats on the incredible new “toy”.

No R/C yet but watch this space. Currently sat here fitting a Bachmann GWR pannier tank with R/C

Glad you like it. The loco is still very tight so I expect performances to improve with running in.

Stuart

Just curious, Stuart. How much does that BB weigh?

I’m not sure Bill. It’s very heavy. You have to seperate the loco and tender to lift it. I’ll look on the box to see if it says.

Stuart

Stuart, I had a USA Trains Big Boy and it weighed 45 pounds and the tender another 20. (Dennis Sirinne (sp?) posted a video of his pulling 154 cars. ) The way your engine seems to be just playing with the cars in your video, my thought is it must be close to that. Regardless, yours sure looks great.

Beautiful.

tac