Large Scale Central

Llagas Creek Railways

I’m pleased to announce that I have purchased Llagas Creek Railways from Bill Mai. I am currently working on filling back orders that were neglected. I am rebuilding our inventory as well as the Llagas website. I have two fantastic switch builders assembling switches daily. Please help spread the word that Llagas Creek Railways is back! Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions.

Glad to see that Llagas Creek is back! I’ve been a buyer/user of Llagas Creek aluminum track and switches since I got into the hobbu in 2001! Like the look and size of AL rail on my DC in rail 1:32 RR. My only suggestion for continued improvemnt would be to make rail joiners (like Hillman) in AL. I’ve been fighting electrollysis for over a decade! Done a couple of work arounds, but brass and AL do not play well together.

This is very exciting news! Llagas is a stellar product, and I look forward to continuing my long affiliation with this product line. I recently received two turnouts that were constructed by Dan Smith. The quality of workmanship was superior in every regard.

Congratulations on your purchase. I’ve admired Llagas Creek products but am not a big purchaser, but Aristo leaving the market left a big hole. I hope you can fill it!

I was unaware that Llagas was temporarily out of commission, I had prety much decided to use their aluminum rail and 1:20.3 tie strips without knowing they weren’t in production so this makes m happy.

Dick Friedman said:

… My only suggestion for continued improvemnt would be to make rail joiners (like Hillman) in AL. I’ve been fighting electrollysis for over a decade! Done a couple of work arounds, but brass and AL do not play well together.

Dick,

Split-Jaw make aluminum rail clamps for Llagas Creek rail (as well as most other brands.) I’ve been using their aluminum clamps on my code 215 for several years now. link to Split-Jaw web site

Bob

Having been a Hillman fan for years, I am now a Split Jaw convert. They have more products, and they are a better, more durable, design.

Bryan, please also give us your last name, and congratulations on keeping the name alive, it’s a good name.

Greg

I have sent a couple of emails now to the new owner and he has been great at responding and answering questions. I also received an email from Dave Goodson (sp) and he is unsure of where the old dealers sit with the new owner at this point but they are working on it.

Bryan,

If you are following along this good question as far as who we should be dealing with are you going ro be working directly with customers or dealers?

I don’t like Split Jaw as those half clamps are too tiny for big fat fingers! I do like Hillmans because they are easier for me to handle. If some of them were about 1/4 inch longer that would be great for leaving expansion space. I have never seen any code 250 AL clamps. This is new news to me. Anybody got any? TIA.

Dick, if you go to Split Jaw’s website http://www.railclamp.com/ you can see the clamps (and other products) they offer. You can even order yourself some aluminum clamps.

Dick Friedman said:

I don’t like Split Jaw as those half clamps are too tiny for big fat fingers! I do like Hillmans because they are easier for me to handle. If some of them were about 1/4 inch longer that would be great for leaving expansion space. I have never seen any code 250 AL clamps. This is new news to me. Anybody got any? TIA.

Thant’s interesting and just proves that everyone is different. My fingers are none to skinny either, but I prefer the Split Jaw clamps as I have a difficult time with the Hillmans. They are especially good at turnouts or places where you might want to lift a piece of track since they only need be loosened on one side of the joint. I do tend to over-tighten them and bend the screws on occasion. He does sell the screw separately for that reason.

I found there is a technique to put the SJ’s on.

Open them enough to fit over the base.

Hang the inner side (with the 2 pieces) on the rail, and while keeping them pressed against the inside of the rail, swing the rest of the clamp up to match to the outside. One or 2 fingers of one hand will keep them in place.

With the other hand, tighten the screws until the outer side snugs up to the rail… now tighten as desired, and do not overtighten.

Greg

I just want to pass along that I have been in contact with both Bryan the new owner and Dave about purchasing LLagas stuff. Though I think there might be a few details still needing to be worked through on an internal level I think we are in good hands. Both have been good at responding and both are willing to get Llagas stuff out to us the consumer. We might have to be a bit patient as things get rolling but I have high hopes that very soon I be a happy customer.

You can either purchase directly from me or from your dealer, whichever suits you best. I recently started a facebook page and an Instagram account. If anyone has pictures of railroads that use our products, please feel free to share them. I can be reached at [email protected]

Thank you all for your interest in our products.

Do you have a website?

Ray Dunakin said:

Do you have a website?

http://www.llagastrack.com

The new website is so much better than the old one.

Thank you very much Devon. We will be updating the website with more pictures and details over the next several days. Please feel free to message me with any constructive criticisms anyone may have.

If anyone has any nice pictures they wouldn’t mind sharing that highlight any of our Llagas products please email them to me to post on our website. [email protected]