Large Scale Central

Quoting multiple people in one post

How do I quote more than one person in a single post. I have seen it done but I haven’t figured it out. It would be way nicer for other users If I didn’t post multiple separate posts to respond to people in a string.

Open a second browser to LSC to the same post.

In the first browser reply to the quote as normal.

Then go into the second browser and cut and paste those desired pieces into the first browser and Post Reply. That’s what I do.

BTW, I do the same thing posting pics that are stored on this site.

BTW, when you open the simultaneous second browser to the site and eventually leave the site, you may have to log in again. It does that to me all the time.

OHHH! Just noticed. Maybe you shouldn’t trust this post that carries the mark of the beast (666)! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

Todd Brody said:

OHHH! Just noticed. Maybe you shouldn’t trust this post that carries the mark of the beast (666)! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

He he, I think he can trust you Todd, even though your labeling is questionable. I do the same thing to quote multiple people.

Also one more tip, I always type my comment below first, then go up and remove unneeded sentences from the quote. (like I did above with Todd’s quote) If you edit the quote first it seems to trough off the formatting and your comment will appear in the quote.

Edit: to change of to off (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

After you “paste” your quote, hit these things and it’ll outline it…" "

Ken Brunt said:

After you “paste” your quote, hit these things and it’ll outline it…" "

Like that…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Well geez that makes sense. I do that for pictures as well never thought about it for quotes.

Thanks

Devon Sinsley said:

Well geez that makes sense. I do that for pictures as well never thought about it for quotes.

Thanks

If you look at the source code (click the <> button) you’ll see that quoted text has a ‘blockquote’ keyword with the two less-than/more-than codes (can’t include them or it will do something weird.) I just copy the first one and use it to outline the text. Like this.

Devon Sinsley said:

Well geez that makes sense.

First pair of blockquote /blockquote codes

Devon Sinsley said:
I do that for pictures as well never thought about it for quotes.

Second pair of blockquote /blockquote codes

Devon Sinsley said:

Thanks

Last pair of blockquote /blockquote codes

If you look at the source code (click the <> button) you’ll see that quoted text has a ‘blockquote’ keyword with the two less-than/more-than codes (can’t include them or it will do something weird.)  I just copy the first one and use it to outline the text.  Like this.<

Did I do that right?

Nope I guess I didn’t follow that Pete. I found the source code and copied it but it just copied it. It didn’t quote it.

Pete Thornton said:

Devon Sinsley said:

Thanks

If you look at the source code (click the <> button) you’ll see that quoted text has a ‘blockquote’ keyword with the two less-than/more-than codes (can’t include them or it will do something weird.) I just copy the first one and use it to outline the text. Like this.

Devon Sinsley said:

Well geez that makes sense.

First pair of blockquote /blockquote codes

Devon Sinsley said:
I do that for pictures as well never thought about it for quotes.

Second pair of blockquote /blockquote codes

Devon Sinsley said:

Thanks

Last pair of blockquote /blockquote codes

If you look at the source code (click the <> button) you'll see that quoted text has a 'blockquote' keyword with the two less-than/more-than codes (can't include them or it will do something weird.)  I just copy the first one and use it to outline the text.  Like this.

Ha well That isn’t working I guess I am not at all following you Pete

Devon Sinsley said:

Ha well That isn’t working I guess I am not at all following you Pete

No Devon, I guess not.

Devon Sinsley said:

Nope I guess I didn’t follow that Pete. I found the source code and copied it but it just copied it. It didn’t quote it.

Ah, but that works. I cut and paste the second quote in the dialog box, then highlight it and while its highlighted I click the quote icon in the tray.

Ken Brunt said:

Like that…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Gee,

that’s

fun.

David Maynard said:

Gee,

that’s

fun.

Ok I think I get it the way David is doing it.

Devon Sinsley said:

How do I quote more than one person in a single post. I have seen it done but I haven’t figured it out. It would be way nicer for other users If I didn’t post multiple separate posts to respond to people in a string.

By toggling back and forth witht he quote button it sets the quoted material over.

David Maynard said:

Gee,

that’s

fun.