Large Scale Central

Getting Logs off Mill Hill

I spent a couple evenings playing trains in the woods with the goal of showing how the logs hauled on the W&Q get to market. Before the infernal combustion engine small logging operations worked with horses and steam railways.

I show my woods logging engine hauling the empty cars up the logging line which climbs the south side of Mill Hill.

Our Loggers prefer to use a two man saw for this job though they are often seen wielding axes. A horse and teamster can haul a log with ease from the stump to the log landing.

The little logging engine is shoved down the hill by the loaded log cars. a steady brakeman is a requirement! The cars are set off the main line for the Northbound local to pick up in the evening.

Always enjoyable to see views of your RR in action. Very nicely done!

Eric, your eye for photography and videography taken on an outstanding RR are awesome! Thanks for sharing, very enjoyable story.

Love it. Neat video… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Great work Eric! I always enjoy your videos.

Pretty neat. Nice stone station there at 4:20 to 4:30.

Thanks for all the comments!

The stone station was written up in garden railways a few years ago. It is made of plastic decking sawn into blocks and assembled with titebond three.

Pretty cool. That issue might be floating around here if it is August 2007 or later.

Another terrific video on a great layout. Well done Eric. The tree felling scenes were put together nicely.

Eric

Was the moose on vacation?

Great video!

Yep, time to fatten up for wintah! Sides its way to hot for a moose to work.

What I like about Eric’s videos is that the locomotives travel at scale speeds. In most live steam bids that I’ve seen, the locomotive travels at a breakneck speed, faster than Lionel 0 gauge.

I like the video. It is cut together well and tells the story. The camera angles are good and add a lot to the “realism”. I also think the log felling sequence was done well.

Loved the video especially the trees fallen. I never get tired seeing your line Eric.