Large Scale Central

Interesting twist when using a mobile

I have been away for 2 three-week vacations/trips, and had to access LSC from my phone (Galaxy 5, big screen, so it is readable.)

What was interesting was that, when using the ‘Home’ button to get to the list of latest posts, the “typical photos from our members” which come on the top are always the same. When I look on my lapto, I see a different pair of photos every time.

Is it perhaps because I’m logged in with the ‘Remember Me’ checked from the laptop, but not on the mobile device?

I have noticed the same on my Galaxy. But I thought it was because I wasn’t logged in on the Galaxy, so I was viewing as a guest.

You guys do know that those pictures change every time you refresh the page, right? (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Joe, no, no they don’t. Not on my Galaxy they don’t. I always see the black and white photo of a model steam locomotive and one of Dave Bodner’s circuit boards. Always.

Me three!

I’ll bet the website detects a mobile device and shows you a slightly different screen. That screen seems to not be set up for a slideshow. My web site does this too, on purpose, although it changes the page layout to work with the smaller screen.

Greg