Large Scale Central

Engines for Trade.

Hello All. I have collected several engines that are taking up space and don’t really fit into my theme. I am considering trades. I would like to trade any of these engines for a Bachmann 3 truck shay, the ideal one would be painted, undecorated with factory sound but that may be asking too much.

Another engine I’m looking for is a Aristo RS3. I would want these engines to be in decent running condition. Another consideration would be Aristo smooth side passenger cars.

The engines:

A Lionel 4-4-2 in very nice condition. Box is in great shape.

A USAT S4 also in nice shape just dusty box is ok.

A USAT SD40-2 also in decent shape but the box is worn. There is also a loose window pane in the cab.

A AristoCraft 4-6-2 in Pennsy colours. No box with this one just half the foam. I think it is an older edition which probably had a blue box like the FA1’s since I got them from the same guy.

2 AristoCraft Alco FA1 's One has rusty springs and is a bit dusty, one has the windshield popped into the cab (my clumsy finger pressed on it) One has a box the other just half the foam. One engine feels heavier than the other for some reason? Both run fine. One has a black section on the roof the other is NYC grey. The one with the rusty springs has black trucks the other has silver. These can go as a pair if you are interested.

If you are well respected on this forum I have boxes to ship these in but we can work that out later.

I’m mostly interested in the 3 truck shay, a RS3 and aristo smooth side passenger cars but if you have other things in mind to trade let me know or cash might work. Make an offer here or PM me.

Thanks.

I have some smoothsides.

Ed Halo

Hi Ed

What pieces are you interested in ? PM me.

The Aristo 4-6-0 has found a new home. I thought the USA Trains had also but those and the others are still up for sale or trade.

Make an offer of cash or trade. I’m still looking for smoothside passenger cars and a RS3.

The 2 FA1 units have been sold. The “B” unit I kept and it is presently under the knife on the bench. The body has been lowered on the frame and the next step is painting.

All that is left now is the USAT S4, the USAT SD40 and the Lionel 4-4-2 which unlike Dennis T’s is still in one piece… Sorry Dennis I couldn’t resist but I know you and you DO have the talent to rebuild.

I’m still looking for a RS3 and smooth side passenger cars so let me know what you have to trade.