Large Scale Central

Portable Track near Altoona PA

The Friends of the East Broad Top will be hosting their annual fall reunion for it’s members this October in Orbisonia PA. We are interested in running some EBT F scale equipment at this event and are looking to see if some one may have a portable track that we could use for the weekend. If anyone out there reading this could help out it would be very much appreciated. Just reply here or PM if you’d rather keep it private.

Randy, I don’t know know any of the players, but how about the live steam guys from the ECLSTS? Anybody have any contacts? Wonder if Roger Cutter or Pete Thornton knows any one?

I may know some one looking to sell a small portable layout, I think it has 8 and 10 foot curves on it. Would that work?

Thanks Nico, But I fear that may be a bit too small. Accucraft’s #12 like’s 10’ dia. to run reliably. Also, I think the idea is to encourage more members to bring their equipment if we have a decent size track there.

Ric, I think you may be on the right track. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)If I could get in contact with the right people from that group, I think that might be the perfect size. We would certainly make sure that fuel costs are covered or send a truck to pick up a trailer etc…

Ok, he would sell it to you for the track only. Let me know if you change your mind. Sorry I couldnt help, Even our layout only has 8’ and 9’ diameter.

The guy that owns that layouts, name is Mike, I think Shawn Viggiano knows him.

Nico

Thanks Nico, I don’t want to say I’m not interested at all in the one for sale especially at a good price. It just seems a bit on the small side. I’ll pm you for a bit more info on it. I need to find out just how much space they want to devote to this as well. If I recall the other track in question is much larger. Thats interesting about your track radius too, I would have guessed a little larger.

All,

I sent Mike an e-mail about this. Will let you know more when I hear back.

Question: Would it be limited to only E.B.T. models, or would any live steam models be welcome (Narrow & Standard).

Scott

Randy, hold on a second. The club I belong to has a set that might be available. It was advertized in the last newsletter, let me check on its status. Don’t know if it has track or not, bu the price was right (get it out of the guy’s trailer price, lol)

Wow, thanks guys. This truly is a great site. Get it out of the trailer price seems right. Track can be added.

Scott, thanks for the inquiry on my behalf. I think we’d like to stay primarily with EBT models for this event. Also this event is not open to the general public. It’s only for members of the Friends of the East Broad Top, being our annual reunion. Of Course we will gladly accept new members right up to the event. Membership is very reasonable and IMHO worth it’s cost just to receive the Timber Transfer quarterly.

Caution once you join, it’s hard to resist rolling up your sleeves and getting involved in the great restoration work going on at the EBT. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)