Large Scale Central

Mylocosound card for 3 truck Shay

Anybody know if the latest Mylocosound card can be used without the TV remote control?

I’m planning on using one for my 3 truck shay but really do not need to have it adjustable after I set it up. My other one I set up using pots and have never changed it.

I asked the question on the Mylocosound site but as for a reply the silence is deafening.

If I can’t get one without the TV control any suggestions for an alternative for a 3 cylinder Shay.

You can get them without the IR handpiece. However you really do need one to be able to program it. Either that or a TV remote that is Sony compatible.

Hi Graeme, if this option fits into your budget and you want the correct sound then I would suggest a Phoenix P8 for battery power. You can hear the sample at www.Phoenixsound.com. If the Phoenix is out of your budget then check out Dallee Electronics, www.dallee.com they are having a summer sale from $99.95 to $119.95.

Enjoy Don Sweet

RCS of New England

Graeme, check the remotes you already have. If it’s a Sony remote, it may work as is. If it’s a universal remote for something like a cable or satellite box, chances are good you can program it to work with the MyLocoSound board, then just change the code back to what it was.

Later,

K

What is the problem? If the card can be programmed with a TV remote, then after its programmed you don’t mess with it again, then…I missed something.

I think he wants to control it without the remote, i.e. like track magnets.

Greg

It can be triggered with track magnets.

Later,

K

I may be a steam guy but I haven’t had a TV remote for ten or fifteen years. I use a wireless mouse. Is this a new sound card? Sounds antiquated to me. Sorry to be a fuddy duddy when it is really no concern of mine.

You can get tv remotes at Savers and even yard sales.

And if it is comcast, the codes for all TV’s are on their web site.

It’s an inexpensive way to have a device to set up the unit, less cost than wifi and the software and cpu horsepower to run it.

The remote can be used anywhere.

It’s a clever idea for something that is not real complicated and lowest cost is an issue.

Greg

Graeme,

I replied to your email on May 30th. Perhaps it is in your spam folder. What I said was:

The new soundcard has no pots and is adjusted and sounds are optionally triggered by the remote control. This is for two reasons. First we have several more sounds like a brake pump, a guard’s whistle or “All aboard” and a safety valve blow off. To control these with pots would have needed about twelve pots which would have put up both the price and the size of the soundcard. Secondly the remote control means that you can mount the soundcard inside the loco yet be able to make adjustments without having to take the loco apart.

Only one remote control is needed for any number of soundcards and they cost only $10 each. If you already have a Sony TV remote control, you can use that,

Please post the diesel soundcard to me at the address below for checking. If the problem is a corrupted memory then I may be able to re-program it and send it back with only a small post and handling charge. If a component is blown then it will probably not be repairable but we might be able to replace it with a refurbished one.

Regards

Peter Lucas

MyLocoSound

PO Box 2033

Magill North

SA 5072

Peter is a good guy to deal with, I have several of his cards. Might have to spring for one of the new ones. Once the Galaxie rebuild is paid off!

Peter Lucas said:

Graeme,

I replied to your email on May 30th. Perhaps it is in your spam folder. What I said was:

The new soundcard has no pots and is adjusted and sounds are optionally triggered by the remote control. This is for two reasons. First we have several more sounds like a brake pump, a guard’s whistle or “All aboard” and a safety valve blow off. To control these with pots would have needed about twelve pots which would have put up both the price and the size of the soundcard. Secondly the remote control means that you can mount the soundcard inside the loco yet be able to make adjustments without having to take the loco apart.

Only one remote control is needed for any number of soundcards and they cost only $10 each. If you already have a Sony TV remote control, you can use that,

Please post the diesel soundcard to me at the address below for checking. If the problem is a corrupted memory then I may be able to re-program it and send it back with only a small post and handling charge. If a component is blown then it will probably not be repairable but we might be able to replace it with a refurbished one.

Regards

Peter Lucas

MyLocoSound

PO Box 2033

Magill North

SA 5072

Thanks Peter

Email sent via your site.