Large Scale Central

House Cleaning

I would like to do some house cleaning. When I first came on board I did not understand how things worked and put my build photos in the album and not the freight shed. I have a lot of photos there and would like to preserve that for my log. Should I just keep them there even though that is not my allotted space? If I move them will it break the links?

Second, I have several photos that I used special characters and they are corrupt and I can not delete them. Also I created folders and now they are empty and I can’t delete them.

I have never been able to delete my empty folders or get any answer to that question.

My solution; when a folder is empty I just rename it, empty #1, empty#2, etc. Then reuse one of these

when starting a new file.

Try renaming the photos then delete, may work, may not.

Good luck

Rick

Devon,

If you move or rename photos it will most certainly break the links to them.

I’m kinda glad you did. I had overlooked the Albums as an option. Last years Mik contest filled up my shed. I used an album for this years contest and I created another for pics posted in messages.

If I had money I would buy a bigger shed, but unfortunately that’s not an option. Beating lung cancer without insurance put into SS early. I get by.

I justify my use of the albums thinking that published pics draw more eyes for the ads.

I get the feeling that bickering affects our Benevolent Dictator more than using available resources.

I strongly advise to leave what’s been done, any alteration to name or location will strip the thread of the photo.

John

I agree and my album will remain and I will finish my build log there. Any new stuff can go in my shed.

I will try renaming that’s a good idea. The stuff that I want to get rid off. I don’t want to break certain links.

Ok was able to rename the folders. However those stupid photos that I used # in wont let me do anything to. Can’t delete them, can’t view them, can’t rename them. When I try it locks up my screen.

Devon,

Put in a request to Bob McGown. I had the same thing happen when I used a # in the name. I asked him to delete the photo and he did.

Actually I have requested it twice. Once he responded that he was working on it and said it should be fixed and nothing happened. Then the second time I did not hear from him. I know he is busy and this really isn’t a priority. I don’t want to give him a to much grief.

Bob if you read this and you have time could you delete any of the photos in my freight shed that have the # in them?