Large Scale Central

Diamond Roof Shingles

Any ideas on how to model this type of roof? I though evergreen would have some of these, but don’t find them.

I found some in HO scale but this is going on a PICO building.

I used the sheet from Precision Products.

The only problem is that the sheets are at best 15" across.

I had to butt two edges together; I can’t imagine how they got the name “Precision” (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

I used a light panel from a drop ceiling to get the effect of diamond roof shingles when I repaired this building.

Wish I had a better/closer picture, but I think you’ll get the idea.

Hope this helps.

-Kevin.

I didn’t remember Precision Plastics.

Light panel might be a cool idea.

Try Ozark Miniatures. They sell the Precision Products veneer.

Tom how big of a roof are you covering?

Dennis

Sully has been telling people I’m building a 1:29 model of the Renaissance Hotel for the modules. Um. I don’t THINK so, Tim. It would be like 5 ft high.

I’m turning the pico station into something reminiscent of the Renaissance by putting dormers and a roof and maybe turning the awnings into the lower brick part. It’s 18 inches by 9 inches, two story.

Tom just one roof 9"x18"?

Dennis

Yup.

I think I’ll build the “dormer” and steep peaked roof. Use suspended lighting panels or somesuch for the roof shingles themselves. Haven’t decided yet. Right now, it’s nice to be outside, so we’re working on Sully’s railroad. “What? You want to show it to somebody when?!?!”