Large Scale Central

Unread posts

Is there a way to have a list of posts that I have not read when I sign in?

Dan I know it’s not a list, but the unread postings do have an arrow over their icon on the forum subsection pages.

Thanks Dave. I see the arrow next to each post when I open each subsection. Over on G Scale Central, there is a heading at the top of the screen, after I log in, that says, “New Unread” then “All Unread”. It makes it a simple task to see exactly which posts have had new responses to, since my last visit.

I know Bob is working hard on LSC. He is listening to our suggestions, I’m sure.

Yeah I miss it, makes it take a lot longer to find the unread posts… please bring it back!

Greg

“Bringing it back” involves writing it. For some unknown reason they didnt deem it a feature and removed it sometime in the last three years’ worth of updates… I need to go back and find the old code and retrofit it in…

That would be helpful if you can do it, Bob.

…very helpful!!!

Be even better if it was jump to first unread post.

Yes, very helpful! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I wonder, Bob, if you have had a chance to do anything with this?

Every forum I have used has a link in the list of topics that takes me to the first unread msg., except this one. When I’m looking at a topic with 10+ pages, I can go to the first and the last post, or I can jump to any page, but I have no way of knowing where in that hay stack my last unread post is.

I’m very surprised that the authors of the software have removed this essential feature. What is the forum s/w called? I would like to visit their web page.

Other than that I really like the forum and it’s a credit to Bob that it’s well laid out and functional.

Regards,

Peter.

The way this software tracks your last read message is… interesting. Let me take another look at this one.