Large Scale Central

Picture posting

The latest pictures I posted are 1000 pixels wide. Max used to be 800, but I do like 1000 just fine, saves some re-sampling since FB seems to like 1000. WinkLaughing

I thought the 800 pixel restriction was for people with smaller screens… I have not checked, but with the new “responsive” templates (I’m changing my site over to them too) the site should scale the picture down to fit…

It would be nice to use larger pictures when detail is needed.

Greg

Best check to see how phones like the wider display. We now have wider margins. Not a plus on the lap top.

John Caughey said:

Best check to see how phones like the wider display. We now have wider margins. Not a plus on the lap top.

Sorry, we have don’t have phones like that in the house. EmbarassedSurprisedBut I’m sure someone will post the relevant info. Wink

You don’t have a mephone? Surprised

John Caughey said:

You don’t have a mephone? Surprised

Hard to believe, but true. Not only that, apples are what we enjoy eating. SmileBut we get a kick out of people who go for a walk in the park and spend most of the time on the phone.

That’s the kind who wouldn’t notice a rattler until they tripped over it, prior to that the rattling would be just “static”. LaughingLaughing

Interesting. This one is 1024 wide from when I used to post two versions. Let’s see how it looks…

It appears that the new software auto-scales this image to 719 pixels wide (for this 1024 x 768 image).

So what happens with a recent 800 wide photo? Here goes…

Also scaled to 719 pixels wide. So it appears that in order to support phones and tablets our photos are shrinking.

And finally - a really big one 1280 pixels wide…

So, as a result picture posting just got a lot simpler as no resize is needed (except as it relates to file size). And as a result - the browser’s View Image function will allow you to see the larger version.

And I just noticed the Attach Photo button. Wonder what it does…

Odd for sure! Uploads the photo to the Gallery, then places a thumbnail in the post.