Large Scale Central

Tips and hints

If one prefers not to get e-mail every time someone posts in a thread one has posted to, remember to uncheck this box “Send me notifications when other members reply to this topic.”

Hans, yes. But even after uncheckin that box, I still got notifications. I had to log out before the setting took effect.

David Maynard said:

Hans, yes. But even after uncheckin that box, I still got notifications. I had to log out before the setting took effect.

Thanks, good to know. I’ll ask Bob if he could change the default to “unchecked”

In the profile section — Personal Information — there are setting icons beside the different info boxes that allow restricting any of the boxes. The default is “global”

At the Forum level e.g. http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/12/website one can access the “User Dashboard” with a “My watched topics” section. Can be used to “unsubscribe” from topics.

The Quick Navigation box on the main forum page is one very quick way to get to any of the sections.

Hi Hans - I didn’t notice this thread before I started my own. Not trying to compete; just eager to contribute. Maybe after Bob’s to-do list gets under control we can ask him to combine them.

No problem

BTW I noticed the conspicuous absence of one feature … that I won’t mention.

If you were watching the updates while Bob was working on the software he mentioned that it was severely broken so not here until he can fix it. I’m pretty sure that will be high on his list :slight_smile:

HEY - Spell Check is working again. Yea!!!

Uploading an image works fine.

Opps. Wrong thread. Where’s the Delete button?

My personal opinion, allowing the users to delete their own posts is (usually) not a good thing. That feature is on a forum that I moderate, and when folks start deleting their posts the thread becomes a very disjointed, hard to follow, broken conversation. If folks were to be allowed to delete their own posts, I think they should only be allowed to for a short time. That way if they realize they said something they didn’t mean to, they can fix it.

Dakota John, and Wye due we kneed ah spell chequer? :wink:

I agree with you David. We lost a lot of wonderful information that can never be regained.

Two reasons I can see for deleting your own post. One when your a moron like me and double post it would be nice to drop one. The second is the reason we got into this mess. When you say something that either you didn’t mean or your were just stupid and said and would like to retract it, it would be nice to get rid of it as a gesture of good will.

If you want to retract a post you can always edit it and replace all the text with DELETED or change it all to the strike-through attribute. But in reality, once it’s been posted it’s out there somewhere and can always rear it’s ugly head.

The will always get you to the last post e.g in a section, subsection or beside someone’s name. Very handy if that’s what you want, but clicking on the written text of a section gets you to the customary line-up of that section., instead of a line up of last posts.

Daktah John said:

If you want to retract a post you can always edit it and replace all the text with DELETED or change it all to the strike-through attribute. But in reality, once it’s been posted it’s out there somewhere and can always rear it’s ugly head.

So, be careful what you write, because it could come back to bite you in the arse?

Is that what you are saying? Wink

Zackly. My arse has a few scars from the bites. Surprised

Unchecked. I’ll try logging out.