Large Scale Central

Bachmann 2-4-2 Steam Loco Special!

Hey LSC!

Just wanted to let you know I’m running a great sale on the Bachmann 2-4-2 Steam Loco Special!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/NEW-G-Scale-Steam-END-OF-SUMMER-SUPER-SALE--.html?soid=1102543198138&aid=XBxJ9YlbKT0

2-4-2 Steam Loco- Painted Unlettered Green/Black w/ White Pinstripes

DCC Ready And Smokes!

Product #91199
List Price $399.00
Sale Price $174.99

SUPER SALE $124.99

OFFER GOOD FOR MAIL ORDER AND IN STORE PURCHASES, IN-STOCK ITEMS ONLY,
NO BACK ORDERS, NO REBATES, NO REFUNDS, NO STORE CREDIT ON PREVIOUSLY SOLD ITEMS, PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS - SHIPPING AND TAXES NOT INCLUDED LIMITED QUANTITIES ON CERTAIN ITEMS, CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS, LIMITED TIME OFFER

© Copyright 2014 TrainWorld LLC ® / TrainLand Inc.® All Rights Reserved

Published By TrainWorld LLC ® / TrainLand Inc.® All Rights Reserved

There is a section in these forums for Dealers, and or, a section for buying and selling…this is not the place for dealers or advertisements…PLEASE be aware…or send Bob a lot of hard cash…!!

Yes, I thought this was taken care of… there is a place for advertisers… otherwise everyone with something to sell will make the forum useless for the modellers… it will read like the pages of Garden Railways… all ads with a sprinkling of what we came for in between.

Greg

In other news that is a mighty fine loco. I have the exact same model.

Todd I like mine, but it runs so much faster the the other locomotives I have.

It was “Well taken care of” by our host, but some posters, in their enthusiasm to SELL, SELL,SELL, don’t let little suggestion get in their way of foisting advertisement at us, in any way they can…often not bothering to stay within simple guidelines…sometimes they seem to be ex used car salesmen, in their actions. MLS may be the best place to use those advertising talents… and one of many reasons, that some of us seldom go there.

Bob does offer civilized ways to include advertisements, on this web page, at a very reasonable cost. The ads do not ruin the web page, and generate a bit of cash to pay some of the costs of this FIRST CLASS Large Scale Model Railroad web page. Those ads do not turn this Web Page into what could appear to be a Used Car Dealership…

DEALERS, and others…please respect this web page, and its good host.

There is also a Forum for comments and reviews, of equipment and stuff…use it…Please do not “Aid and abet” any of these advertisers…

I have posted in the wrong forum before.
I don’t believe it’s a “hanging” crime :wink:

Ken has posted in the proper forum previously.
Ralph

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/38/ads-and-announcements

And he is a paid advertiser. Cool your jets Fred!

Hi Todd and David:

Is this a 1:20.3 or 1:22.5 model ?

Mr. Ken Bianco as a long time customer of your family, over forty years starting in H.O. scale, I greatly appreciate your posts. Your family has done so much to promote and make available large scale models at affordable pricing. Please accept my sympathy for this extremely rude conduct of others.

I just bought another large scale loco from your store last week as the clearance sale price was simply " an offer too good to refuse " .

Please continue to post your large scale specials if that is alright with Bob.

Again Ken please accept my sympathy for this rude and uncalled for behavior as

many Canadians appreciate the opportunity to place mail order purchases at your store.

Norman Bourgault

Norman, That is an Americanised version of the L & B “LYN” which is 1:22.5 scale.

The front headlight looks to be 1:20.3 scale from the Bachmann parts bin.

It is a really nicely made model that runs extremely well. Unlike the POJ original model.

Pity they don’t do PayPal, I would take one for a new demo loco.

Tony, I want one too!..I need a lay-away account :slight_smile:

Soooo tempted! but I’m trying to begin/finish layout v4.0

Sorry guys. I will remember next time for sure. I’m used to posting in the general comments in the O Gauge forum and ho forums. To many different scale forums to keep up with!

Thanks for the support and kind words Norman!

The model is 1:20.3

No it isn’t 1:20.3.

As far as I can see the dimensions are still the same as the original 1:22.5 version.

In fact the boiler moulding still has some of the old internal chassis mounting points even though they are not used for anything in this iteration.

That’s what the Bachmann 2014 Catalog says… Perhaps its a misprint?

Perhaps it is.

Like years ago when the original 1:22.5 0-4-0 Side Tank loco suddenly became 1:20.3 without any change to the tooling. Only the mechanism was (drastically) improved.

For the 2-4-2T (“Lyn”) to now be a 1:22.5 scale would have required all new tooling. I know that is not the case as per the old motor mounting mouldings are still inside the boiler.

Just proves you should not always believe the written word. Especially from Bachmann when it comes to models changing from one scale to another.

Perhaps it should be charitably put down as simply “creative marketing”? :wink: