Large Scale Central

Any recent changes?

are there any recent changes? since about a week?

with my IE8 (yes, eight) i could access the forum perfectly.

but now i got problems, the explorer cannot either enter the site, or log me in.

with firefox (using the cookies copied from my IE8) i can.

but for whatever reasons (reporting too much to mami or the NSA?) the firefox does behave like a stubborn mule with my slow connection.

it is now no pleasure to move on the site.

I gave up on IE a couple of years ago.

Bob has posted a link for repair of IE11, don’t know if it will help your IE8 but might be worth the read.

Yes, I have given up on IE too. Certain features of the site didn’t work for me in IE8. But I have the same issue with Firefox you are having, it gets stubborn and doesn’t wanna work sometimes. So I shut it down through task manager and then restart it and its happy again.

Korm,
M$ most likely ended support for IE8 years ago :wink:
Support for WXP ends soon.
I haven’t noticed any changes. I’m using IE11 on W7.
Ralph

I can use IE8 through IE11 … it must be your computer.

What plugins do you have loaded in it?

I moved over to Chrome. It works great.

I have the same problem. I assume it’s my computer. I use IE11 and then downloaded firefox. I did the ‘fix’ for IE11 and it worked fine than last week, bam! It moves like a slug. the odd part is every other site works fine. Firefox is even slow running LSC. Again I assume it’s my pc. I’m not knowledgeable enough about computers to know how to fix it because mostly I don’t care. But it does get annoying waiting and waiting for the site to download.

Terry

Terry Burr said:

…the odd part is every other site works fine. …

Terry

I have the same problem. This would lead me to believe that it is not IE11 or my computer.

Maybe there is something about this site that is causing the problem. This is the only site I

I have trouble with. I don’t think it is fair to say IE11 is broken because it will not work

correctly with one web site. Maybe there is something wrong with one web site.

Tom

No changes to the site in several months. Im curious as to what exactly is happening for you guys not being able to log in.

IE has a known issue with compatibility, thats well-documented, and affects many sites. That’s the post referred to up-thread. But Im not sure why you cannot log in with one browser, and not another. I suspect either javascript turned off, cookies disabled, or some other browser plugin getting in the way.

The only third-party software we run is Google Analytics, to analyze traffic patterns and see where the activity is on the site. There is also the ad software, but that is local, so shouldn’t be an issue, unless you have an ad blocking program that is being overly-aggressive.

Analyze traffic patters? Oh, so are you contemplating putting in traffic lights?

I made the ‘FIX’ to IE11 and it worked for a little while and then it quite. I didn’t make any changes to IE11 plug-ins, Java settings, cookies or anything else. I can log in, but I won’t stay logged in. If I click on a link (picture, another message, another site, or anything) in the message it logs me off. If I switch to another tab and come back, I am logged off. This is not a new problem and has been going on for several months. Again - this is the only site that I have a problem with. All add-ins, Java script settings, plug-ins or whatever have not changed. The only thing that has changed is the way this site works. None of the many other sites I visit operate any differently than they always have.

Tom

Ya know Bob, for me it may be the banner ads. Whenever I try to load the site it always says waiting for banner ads at the bottom. I wonder if a security setting changed on my end?

Terry

computers never stop astounding me.

i did really nothing. - but now this site works with my IE again.

unchanged security settings, unchanged ad-blocker and all

seems, that mere talking about it helped.

does that mean, that in the future there will be a new profession? it-shrinks?
guys, that simply talk to ones PC to make them run again??

PC whisperers…:wink:

That’s why I hate technology, it doesn’t work as advertized. But, if it did work as advertized, I would have to get a real job.

Ken Brunt said:

PC whisperers…:wink:

Folks at my work think I’m one of them. They report a problem, I come in to look and they can’t duplicate it. My motto: Ignore a problem long enough and it will go away [or get much worse, thus easier to find/fix] !

After many years at computer repair, I preached “Repair by intimidation”. The next time it fails, just threaten that you will call the repairman! It will stop acting up.

Jon Radder said:

Folks at my work think I’m one of them. They report a problem, I come in to look and they can’t duplicate it. My motto: Ignore a problem long enough and it will go away [or get much worse, thus easier to find/fix] !

Funny, I do the same thing with copier repair