Large Scale Central

WTS- Bachman Spectrum Connie

Greetings all,

I have a Bachmann 1:20.3 Consolidation #21 Yellow Pine Lumber Co. that I bought NIB a couple of years ago. After running it for about 45 minutes the gear split and that was the end of that. I ordered a NWSL replacement gear and then learned about the BBT replacement drive for the connies. While I was waiting for the BBT drive to arrive I decided that converting my 2-8-0 to Battery/RC made the most sense for me and so I ordered an AirWire T-5000 as well as an AirWire G2 wireless receiver.

After looking at the instructions for the BBT install I quickly decided that work was beyond my skill set…no matter how good the instructions are. The locomotive has been sitting on my mantle for the last year and a half and the reality is that I will never get this thing running again. I replaced the Bachmann coupler on the tender with a Kadee Coupler and changed the coupler height so as to work with my accucraft rolling stock. I also removed the front coupler because I didn’t like the looks of it…but I never got around to ordering and installing the correct Kadee replacement.

That’s my story and here’s what I’m selling. I want to sell as a unit and I’m not interested in parting it out.

Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 dusty from display but all intact with the original box.
BBT Connie Drive with instruction NIB
AirWire T5000 NIB
AirWire G2 wireless receiver NIB
NWSL replacement gear NIB

650.00 plus shipping. I will gladly accept paypal (use the gift option without fees or not and add 3%), USPS money order, or good old US Federal Reserve Notes if you’re local to Orange County California.

Feel free to drop me a line at [email protected]

This seems like a very fair price on your Connie, especially with the T5000, G2 AND the BBT drive! :slight_smile:

I would buy if I didn’t already have one.

Thanks Gary. I hope that somebody takes advantage of this deal.

Forgive the obvious question, but why not see if there’s someone local who will install the drive for you? You put a lot of $$ into getting top-drawer control and gearbox for it, it seems a shame to take a loss on it for what–to me–seems an easily-hurdled roadblock.

Don’t get me wrong–you’re offering a good price for everything and (a) if I needed another outside-frame 2-8-0, and (b) I had a spare $650, I’d be sending you money via PayPal. But at the same time, I hate to see someone walk away from what will ultimately be a PRIMO-running locomotive!

Later,

K

You’re right Kevin, one would think that finding someone who was skilled and willing to do the install in my area would be the way to go. I tried to do exactly that. There is an advertiser on this forum within 15 miles of Orange County that prides himself on quality Battery/RC conversion and top notch customer service. I found out about this company by reading about some of his work on another forum member’s 2-8-0 and was very excited to get my connie up and running. When I reached out this gentleman’s response was very condescending and arrogant. He chided me for buying the parts from someone else but then asking him to do the install. When I explained that I had only found out about his services after I had already purchased the RC gear and that I was still in need of Phoenix sound and would also like to pay him to put my road name and weather my locomotive I never heard back from him. I guess his business is very good. I believe that he may be an expert in his field…but my experience via our e-mails leads me to believe that his social skills and business savvy leave something to be desired.

So I’m over this loco and would like to see it go to someone who will enjoy it as much as I had hoped to. I know that 650.00 is a VERY good price for this set up. I’d be willing to entertain reasonable (not insulting) offers in order to facilitate this deal. I’d keep the T5000 and the G2 to put into my 2-6-6-2 but then I’d need to have it installed and apparently my local guy’s great customer service only applies to those who purchase every component from him even though he advertises installation services on his site.

Cheers!

Jon

Jon, how far are you from the Del Oro Pacific group? I’m sure they could help you out.

On the other hand, if you decide to breakup the set, please advise. I’m still trying to locate two drive units for the construction of a 2-8-0+0-8-2.

Hello Jason,

Drop me a line at [email protected] and we can talk about the 2-8-0 and the BBT.

Cheers!

Jon

email sent, please sent spam filter to ALLOW for emails from “fccorp (dot) us”

E-mail sent!

Deleted

Jon, if Gary is interested, go ahead and sell to him. My funds are gonna be less than I expected for the next few weeks.

SOLD! Thanks for all of the interest and comments!

Cheers!

Jon