Large Scale Central

Yard Limits and Traffic Control Signage

Here are a couple of examples of signage that we use on the KVRwy during our OPs Sessions. We have an event coming up May 2 and 3. Starts at Noon all are welcome to attend.

I love those signs. Where do you get the metal stands?

One of the guys in the club had them for sale. They came from a nursery that was closing. The one outside the basement reads.

Y T
A I
R M
D I
L

SOUTHERN  - (that's the basement or location)

Contact Dispatcher to recieve instructions.

We have “Yard Limits” in the basement and the front yard - Southern and Consolidated. The printing is done with a label maker - Brother’s P Touch

Does the dispatcher know where you are?

Not if she’s lucky :o

Tom Ruby said:
Does the dispatcher know where you are?

Not if she’s lucky :o

Mine’s away for the weekend! WooHoo!

Train time, uninterrupted!

Steve Featherkile said:
Tom Ruby said:
Does the dispatcher know where you are? Not if she's lucky :o
Mine's away for the weekend! WooHoo! Train time, uninterrupted!
You mean she didn't leave you a mile-high honey-do list? :D

Yeah, she did. I don’t think she really expects much of it to be accomplished, though. :smiley:

(She knows you too well.)

(Thanks for the photo of my Mallet at work.)

I remember my very 1st run at Ric’s, Nobody felt it neccessary to explain how it worked so I just took off for the 1st switching order and… I’ll never forget… the dispatcher came out of the office faster than lightening and walked rather speedily up to me, “what are you doing?”
“uh, going to switch these cars?” lol

John Bible said:
I remember my very 1st run at Ric's, Nobody felt it neccessary to explain how it worked so I just took off for the 1st switching order and.... I'll never forget.... the dispatcher came out of the office faster than lightening and walked rather speedily up to me, "what are you doing?" "uh, going to switch these cars?" lol
gotta wait till ya get around front.......then she can't see ya.................;)

but there you have the Rubber Ducky yardmaster to get around! Unless he’s in getting a sandwich…lol

Ya just wait till he takes his nap…:wink:

which one? (is he online?) I better shut this off, I am actually going this weekend and you are not! hehe

Have Fun!! I’ll be there in spirit…:wink:

you will be missed, rain all week, upper 60’s and clear Saturday! Jacket weather… perfect!

Working around the raindrops to prep the track. Thank God we don’t put up the steam track for the Spring Ops. Moved a lot of cars in place yesterday AM. 2 inches of rain, since then. It’ll all work, weather is part of Operations.

Both locos are ready. Even the sail boat’s repaired. All ready for summer fun!

Are you coming Tom? that’s great if you are~! I will bring my slicker, just in case… :slight_smile:

Slickers, umbrellas and sun screen should always be included in your traveling kit. Trains aren’t suppose to stop because of a little “weather”. However, the crews do seem to need more breaks when the “weather” is at it’s extremes.