Large Scale Central

Need help with voltage fluctuation on Phoenix sound syst in LGB

I am having problems with a Phoenix sound system installed in a DCC ready LGB Disney Forney. When the locomotive starts at a slow speed it lurches with each chuff and whistle until a high enough amount of power is applied to overcome it. The headlight also flickers in the same way. I am using a Bridgewerks magnum 200 for power and I have tried hooking the Phoenix system to the wires between the rear truck pickup and the locomotive circuit board as well as hooking it to the rear plug wires (for lighting cars). This particular wire set is where Phoenix suggested I try to hook their sound system. Niether of these ideas worked. There is supposed to be a plug on the locomotive circuit board that LGB would hook in their sound but I don"t know which plug it is or if this would solve the problem. Does anyone know or have any ideas? I need to fix this problem so this Disneyland train can be run by the kids at the April 26, Helena, Montana train show and at the children.s home and safety fair events. Keep in mind this is a newer LGB Forney (set 72350). Please explain technical info. in easy to understand terms. I do understand some minor electrical ( enough to wire, solder and extreme basic stuff) A lot of kids will enjoy the sound if we can fix this problem. Jerky start up causes cars to uncouple and looks rediculous. Phoenix is sending a plug for the plug in on the board (if we can find which plug it is) so we can try this last idea. If you know which plug is the sound plug or if you know if this would fix the problem, let us know. Also if you can think of a solution e mail me at [email protected] or [email protected] or post it here. Thanks to this website and all of you! Kenneth Mathews c/o Imagination Station Kids on Track Model Railroad and Safety Program Helena, Montana TM 0409A

This secion of the forum is dedicated to “OPERATIONS” Your problem with your sound system or whatever; should be in another section of the forums, dedicated to the power and electronics of the locomotive…you will likely get more help there…

Try the “Power and sound forum…”

Thanks guys, guess I did not see that forum. Will repost there. KM