Large Scale Central

Just Plain Folk and Fine Folk figures?

Hi all,
this is my first post over here, used to be over at MLS, but complications around a house move made me lose all my account info (read: computer breakdown and subsequent rebuild, etc., etc.), and my 1st class subscribtion expired. Hope to do something about it, but anyway, I’m finally back on the Internet, for good or for worse, and back in the large scale hobby. Besides, I’ve been looking at this forum for about as long as I’ve been on the “other one”, so think it’s time to get registered here, too.

My first question is, what happened to the “Just Plain Folk” and “Fine Folk” figures?’ I can’t seem to find them anywhere online, I mean main listings from the producers, not random retail info. There’s a particular conductor I’d like to buy, a burly fellow with a mustache.

Thanks,
André Granum,
Oslo,
Norway

Andre,

Welcome back.

John Snyder is the guy and he was hooking up with somebody (I forget who), but he is still very active and making new figures.

Hooked up with Silvergate or whatever LGBoA is now called.

Are they still around?

I haven’t heard much. :slight_smile:

Andre - this should be answered in the next 20 pages of endless posting on the subject of Long, Gone and/or Busted.

http://silvergatedistributors.com/index.php/just-plain-folk.html

Andre:

Fine Folks (from their ad in the latest Garden Railways):
$9.00 / Each
Available direct from Mike’s Backshop
12129 Gay Rio Dr.
Lakeside, CA 92040
Voice: 619-992-2234
Fax: 619-443-0617
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Page: Mikesbackshop.com

Call to order or locate a dealer.

Warrior Run Locomotive Works (link) in Nanticoke, PA carries Fine Folks, Carlo Spirito and Railroad Avenue figures. See Warrior Run figures page (link). There are links to pictures of each vendor’s figures there.

As a side note, I know a lot of people are pleased with the Just Plain Folks figures, but the couple I bought were much more suited to a 1:24 or even 1:29 scale. They really looked like midgets compared to 1:20 figures and buildings. If it matters to you, the Fine Folks, Carlo Spirito and Railroad Avenue figures really are 1:20 scale.

Hope this helps.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

Jerry, Ken, Ric and John, thank you all for answering. I’m sure Mike’s Backshop or Silvergate Distributors will be able to help me out. I’ll certainly buy some figures from Richard Kapuaala here on the forums, too, when I’m able to find out what I need. His figures are among the best ones around, in my opinion.

André