Large Scale Central

H0 'Royal Hudson' by PFM Tenshodo - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mornin’, All - you may just remember me getting ahold of an H0 ‘Royal Hudson’ a few weeks back. Well, all has not been totally 100% with it - not the vendor’s fault, I have to say - but due, I bleeve, to general age and decrepitude.

So, I wrote the SAMMODELTECH Co., Ltd., in the firm belief that they were the successor company to the now defunct Samhongsa, asking if they could provide me a repalcement part - thusly -

Dear Sir - I am the proud owner of a number of beautiful H0 Canadian locomotives, made by your company in its previous existence as Samhongsa.

My pride and joy is my H1e ‘Royal Hudson’ #2860, recently bought on ebay. While examining the model last night after receiving it yesterday, I noticed that the leading truck does not seem to be assembled correctly, allowing the wheels to come out of the bearings - [image not shown].

I am therefore asking if you can supply me with a replacement truck, for which I will gladly pay.

I realise that this model has been out of production for many years, but I have been looking for one since my collection of Canadian brass was stolen from our club back in 1998, and this was the first one that I have seen that I could afford.

I await your response.

Yours Sincerely -

Terry A de C Foley

I was horrifed to get this letter back from the company -

Dear Mr. Foley,

Honestly, I cannot understand why we were asked a kind of after-service for the leading truck of the model which Samhongsa produced by you.

Though I and my crew joined in Samhongsa for a long time, we parted from the company(stockholders) with an unpleasant fillings. All managers including me was dismissed by the owner of the company for looking to his interests. After, I established my own company, Sammodeltech, with my bare hands, and we competed with Samhongsa in the business for two years actually. Even though Samhongsa abandoned the model train business in 2005, the company is still existing here with other business.

It means that I think we don’t have any duties for the Samhongsa models, moreover we don’t have any data, parts or mementos for the previous Samhongsa’s productions.

The current Samhongsa cannot fix your model anymore because the company does not have any ability for the job, and the company must not have any mind to help you. However, I can understand your difficulty in repairing the model. And, I would like to give you a good impression for me and Sammodeltech through the repairing work for your model.

As I mentioned above, we don’t have any information or data regarding the “HO” Canadian H1e “Royal Hudson” #2860 models. So, we are hard to prepare any replacement truck. So, if you can send us the leading truck with wheels, we will be possible to repair the truck, and return.

It seems to be the best way for the problem, in my thought.

Our Address is,

SAMMODELTECH Co., Ltd.
Shinchang Technotown #308,
Eunhaeng Dong, Siheung City,
Gyeonggi Do, 429 - 836
KOREA

Await your reply,

Chan Hur

SAMMODELTECH CO., LTD.

TEL : + 82 31 404 1361 ~
FAX : + 82 31 404 1367
EMAIL : [email protected]

I replied to his whingeing letter by saying that I was not asking him to sacrifice his first-born son on a pyre, or to honour a non-existent warranty claim for free, but to make a teeny brass truck for which I would be more than happy to pay any reasonable amount. I also noted that the vagaries and fortunes of the former Samhongsa and the company that now bears some of its name was none of my concern, as were all his sleepness nights over the way he had been treated by the previous owner. The new company makes no mention of the allegedly dire parting of the ways that led to its formation, and I have to say that I really could care less about it.

It goes without saying that I have not heard back, nor expect to do so.

Screw 'em, I say.

tac

Terry, Congratulations! But, could it be that you bought your own locomotive?? Best wishes, Zubi

Zbigniew Struzik said:
Terry, Congratulations! But, could it be that you bought your own locomotive?? Best wishes, Zubi
Sheeeeeesh. No wonder it looked familar...... :(

tac the Griper

Terry my son;
BC Rail is now owned by CN. The Royal Hudson “Steam Train” has not run for a number of years, and is not likely to, again. The Loco it’self is now rebuilt and operatable, but resides in a museum in BC., and is not likely to see much running in the future. The only “Hudson” that operates occasionly is the one that CPR restored after buying it back from Stean Town USA. It is not a “Royal” Hudson.

Fred Mills said:
Terry my son; BC Rail is now owned by CN. The Royal Hudson "Steam Train" has not run for a number of years, and is not likely to, again. The Loco it'self is now rebuilt and operatable, but resides in a museum in BC., and is not likely to see much running in the future. The only "Hudson" that operates occasionly is the one that CPR restored after buying it back from Stean Town USA. It is not a "Royal" Hudson.
Yeah, I knew about the other Hudson, and have seen it on youtube, too. I also have a couple of DVDs with it on.

The other ‘news’, is the saddest thing I’ve read in years. What a very great pity. We will be over there later on this year as too. :frowning: x 10

Still and all, my Accucraft G1 live steamer #2860 WILL be operating as soon as ever it arrives. I even have a passenger car on order form Alan and Phyl in Orangeville!

The H0 model will remind me of good times past.

Very best to you, bro.

tac the Griper

PS - I also ‘won’ a mint GN Y-1 in war-pumpkin colours…