Large Scale Central

Train-Li Bender for me

Birthday time is almost here again, and the CFO asked me what I wanted…I knew she’d not go for a “Connie”, 1 freight car for $90 or more track…

So after much consideration I went for a Track Bender. I have been saving “change” for the last year for a bender, but every time I get a substantial amount in the can, she cashes it out for me…

The reviews all over the net have been pretty stellar for the Train-Li…So today I called in and ordered me one; yep the wife made me buy my own gift-bummer huh?..I hope to have by the mid of next week.

I already have a few places that I can’t wait to get straightened out (pun intended)…and will post pics of progress. I also have more track stored in the barn to get on the ground b4 the spring!

I also had them toss in the Rail Clamp for trimming ends. Very Pleasant folks to deal with on the phone!

Merry Christmas, and almost Happy B-day to me!

cale

Cale,
I got mine earlier this year. You will like it immensely!
Now I want to get a set of the Train-Li test rollers.

TOG

How about an update on the Train-Li Cale? For me it is an essential piece of equipment. I only buy straight track now and can make whatever radius is needed to fit the land not the track.

cale nelson said:
Birthday time is almost here again, and the CFO asked me what I wanted…I knew she’d not go for a “Connie”, 1 freight car for $90 or more track… So after much consideration I went for a Track Bender. I have been saving “change” for the last year for a bender, but every time I get a substantial amount in the can, she cashes it out for me… The reviews all over the net have been pretty stellar for the Train-Li…So today I called in and ordered me one; yep the wife made me buy my own gift-bummer huh?..I hope to have by the mid of next week. I already have a few places that I can’t wait to get straightened out (pun intended)…and will post pics of progress. I also have more track stored in the barn to get on the ground b4 the spring! I also had them toss in the Rail Clamp for trimming ends. Very Pleasant folks to deal with on the phone! Merry Christmas, and almost Happy B-day to me! cale

Hey nelson, before you buy an expensive unit, you could have someone making one for you. Since i did not like the price, i designed and produced one my self. If you are interested, i have the manufacturing drawings. Think global pius here a few pics of my unit.

Seems like paying a machinist to custom build one would be at least as expensive as buying it ready made.

BTW, you might want to consider reducing the size of your avatar photo.

If someone has one that needs a new home for a reasoable price I am definitely interested. I will be using only flex track, and really wasn’t looking forward to turning loose of the LOOT they want for one of the benders now.

Join a club in your area.
Someone might have one.
I became the most popular member in my club when they found out I had one.

Hmmmm…A new rental business might be started…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Heck - I’d be happy to pay $25 and the round trip freight to use one for a week. My Aristo bender is a pain in the arse.

I got one from gohobbies for 165.00
More than I wanted to pay (as always) but I have 36 peices of 6 foot track that will need some act-right put into them, so having one really wasn’t an option in my case.