Large Scale Central

Wanted......Phoenix Interface cable-serial or USB

Just putting this question out there. I have a friend who recently started to put sound in a few engines. He was able to get some P8B Phoenix cards. But he does need the Phoenix Interface Cable to load the sound files into his boards. Does anyone out there have a spare interface cable (either old serial port, 9-pin or the newer USB), that they would be willing to sell? Most dealers are out-of-stock, naturally.

The 9 pin cable has electronics in the 9-pin end, but it’s not proprietary. I don’t know what the chip is, nor exactly how it’s wired, but Phoenix did say once that you could build your own, but it was likely to cost more! Perhaps someone has this info and you can make a cable.

Jon Radder said:

The 9 pin cable has electronics in the 9-pin end, but it’s not proprietary. I don’t know what the chip is, nor exactly how it’s wired, but Phoenix did say once that you could build your own, but it was likely to cost more! Perhaps someone has this info and you can make a cable.

Hi Jon,

I have a 9-pin cable that I purchased in 2007 along with the Phoenix CD. I know about the “gray box” on the serial end of that cable. I have an electronics guy that is doing my Super Huskie and my Baldwin electrics RC wireless system now. I’m tempted to have him take a look at the electronics on the inside and see if he can duplicate. I just want to make sure I don’t screw up the only interface cable within a hundred miles. These things are priceless because Phoenix is not supplying anything to their vendors.

Thanks to all who responded to this thread. My friend HAS found a company that has the Interface Cables in stock. All is well.

Thank you again. :slight_smile:

Gary

Does the company have more cable in stock, have the newer interface cable and found that I’am missing part of the cable end pcs