Forums General For Sale/Trade
  • Topic: Wanted, LGB White Pass Alco diesel yellow/green w/sound

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 6, 2021 8:52 AM EDT
      • Kokomo, Indiana

• Thanks

Wanted, LGB White Pass Alco diesel yellow/green w/sound

Looking for one of the yellow/green White Pass Alco diesels with sound.  Does not need to have MTS in it.  dirty/lacking box is ok as well. 

• June 7, 2021 10:52 AM EDT
      • Fort Worth, Texas

• Thanks

The last one I saw for sale (2 months ago) sold for around $750 on eBay. I watch eBay just about everyday and am always looking for American LGB diesels, but as you know there are only 4-5 models ever produced by LGB back in the day. Yes, different paint schemes, but not so much body changes. I have the WP&Y white/blue model repainted to my railroad the Fort Worth & South-Western which I pickup for $275.00, two years ago, todays prices are a couple of hundred dollars higher. I would consider repainting an Alco to the Durango & Silverton NG whenever they get the paint job they are going to put on them, but if it's that maroon color scheme I wouldn't waste my time on doing it. It should be some colors that the Rio Grande had back in the day.

trainman

• June 7, 2021 10:57 AM EDT
      • Kokomo, Indiana

• Thanks

The D&S says that 101 and 107 will remain in the yellow/green with "Durango & Silverton" speed lettering on the long hood.  They want to keep some of the WP&Y heritage of the units by retaining the paint jobs, which I guess are still in good shape.  Right now I am hoping to trade my live steam loco I have for sale for one of the factory yellow/green units.   I have found a couple that are custom painted from the early 2055 blue/white units.  But till I sell the steamer or funds get freed up, all I can do is look.   I also watch ebay, the most current version in yellow/green with sound and MTS in it from the factory is going around $999ish as they were much more expensive from MLGB.  

This post was edited by Mike Toney at June 7, 2021 10:58 AM EDT
    • June 7, 2021 10:48 PM EDT
      • Fort Worth, Texas

• Thanks

Mike Toney said:

The D&S says that 101 and 107 will remain in the yellow/green with "Durango & Silverton" speed lettering on the long hood.  They want to keep some of the WP&Y heritage of the units by retaining the paint jobs, which I guess are still in good shape.  Right now I am hoping to trade my live steam loco I have for sale for one of the factory yellow/green units.   I have found a couple that are custom painted from the early 2055 blue/white units.  But till I sell the steamer or funds get freed up, all I can do is look.   I also watch ebay, the most current version in yellow/green with sound and MTS in it from the factory is going around $999ish as they were much more expensive from MLGB.  

Pic of a WP&Y repaint for my RR, trainman

This post was edited by John Lenheiser at June 8, 2021 12:51 PM EDT
    • June 8, 2021 12:53 PM EDT
      • Kokomo, Indiana

• Thanks

Looks great John.   Here is a video link to the Pearse live steamer I am trying to trade/sell to get one of these yellow/green WP&Y Alcos.  So if you have one of those Alcos with factory sound in that color scheme and fancy a nice live steamer.  Here is your chance to get one.      

Forums General For Sale/Trade

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google