Forums General Prototypes
  • Topic: FMC or Alder Gulch #12

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 28, 2021 1:06 AM EST
      • Rocklin, CA

• Thanks

FMC or Alder Gulch #12

I am in looking for pics of the top of the tender on FCM#12. It has two weird box like things on the top. Does any one have some pictures or know what they are? My guess is a tool box for one and the other I cant figure out. I am making a model of the Alder Gulch Loco.

Thanks Bill

This post was edited by Bill Iwan at February 28, 2021 1:07 AM EST
    • February 28, 2021 7:04 AM EST
      • Southwestern, NH

• Thanks

Bill,

Assuming you are working with a Bachmann Connie as a starting point, as this is the exact model that Bachmann copied. it is really spot on from what I remember. are you talking about the two tool boxes on each side of the coal space? those are in the model.

Al p.

• March 1, 2021 1:12 AM EST
      • Rocklin, CA

• Thanks

HI Al,

Thanks for the info. The more I stare at the web picture I have your right, They are tool boxes just made of metal with a round top. The angle on the picture made it look like two different things. I'm almost done and when I'm finished I try and post some pics. Bachmann was allot closer in the On30 model than the F scale one. I know it was originally a 30 in gauge so maybe they chose to make the tender wider and no smoke box extension to make it a little different in large scale.

Bill

Forums General Prototypes

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google