Forums Shows and Conventions Conventions, Shows, Clubs and Get-Togethers
  • Topic: Virtual Drag & Brag Signup

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 18, 2021 5:16 PM EST
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania
         
      • Posts
        11,473
      • Thanks
        1,018
      • Thanked
        1,499

      Bruce Chandler said:
      Cliff Jennings said:
      Ken Brunt said:

      I'm still in the stone age when it comes to phones. 

       

      Me too, I still have a Samsung Galaxy 9.

      I think that what Ken means is that he still has a phone in the kitchen; it's attached to the wall, and has a cord...

       

      And has a round thing on it with holes in it...................

      ____________________________________

      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

    • February 18, 2021 5:25 PM EST
      • Burke, Virginia
         
      • Posts
        7,738
      • Thanks
        477
      • Thanked
        1,068

      Ken Brunt said:
      Bruce Chandler said:
      Cliff Jennings said:
      Ken Brunt said:

      I'm still in the stone age when it comes to phones. 

       

      Me too, I still have a Samsung Galaxy 9.

      I think that what Ken means is that he still has a phone in the kitchen; it's attached to the wall, and has a cord...

       

      And has a round thing on it with holes in it...................

      OK, so MAYBE NOT attached to the wall?

       

      ____________________________________

      Bruce

      http://jbrr.com/

       

    • February 18, 2021 8:08 PM EST
      • Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario, Canada
         
      • Posts
        4,852
      • Thanks
        290
      • Thanked
        377

      OK....Saturday, February 27th is quickly coming upon us, so PLEASE....:

              Can someone post in clear English. on this thread/forum, the link that one can click on, to take part in

      The "LSC/ECLSTS/2021 Alcove/Drag & Brag/Social Event"...Please...please, include instructions..

        Thank you in advance

        Fred Mills

             (Or, could the notice be posted, plainly on the Home page, as an event, NOT TO BE MISSED...how about both places, here and the home page !!)

    • February 18, 2021 10:11 PM EST
      • Pleasanton, CA
         
      • Posts
        1,429
      • Thanks
        1,800
      • Thanked
        1,229

      AFAIK Bob McCown will be posting the info on how to join the zoom meeting. Bruce Chandler had already posted a link to the zoom page for computer specs needed to join (go to this [link]). You can also check out zoom's info on how to join using your Android [link] or Apple [link] phone.

       

      There is already an upcoming event on the home page [link], but it doesn't have much info yet.

       

      So, it seems we need Bob to create the zoom meeting and paste it in several places so we can all find it. Maybe he can also add some of those zoom links to help people figure zoom out (it should be easy, but you know how these things are...).

       

      Just to put down here what I think is happening: Cliff is graciously organizing the "braggers" (people showing off models, by having people sign up in this topic), Bob is providing the zoom meeting access and will "emcee" the affair. Fred has suggested that we start with a brief intro by each person so we can start to associate faces/voices with names and online presences.

       

      So, we need some help from Bob and folks who actually want to show off their Mik or other model need to sign up here. We have a bit more than a week as I type this. So chop chop!

       

    • February 19, 2021 8:53 AM EST
      • Your Host in Littleton, MA
         
      • Posts
        8,016
      • Thanks
        599
      • Thanked
        1,687

      I will be posting the meeting link and meeting code in this thread, and on the event, a few days before the meeting.  

       

      As far as prerequisites, if you havent already, go to https://zoom.us/download, and download, install, and test the software.  You want to grab "Zoom Client for Meetings", I believe.  Its pretty easy to use.

       

       

      This post was edited by Bob McCown at February 20, 2021 9:13 AM EST
      ____________________________________

      Bob, your Site Host and Benevolent Dictator.

    • February 19, 2021 9:01 AM EST
      • Burke, Virginia
         
      • Posts
        7,738
      • Thanks
        477
      • Thanked
        1,068

      Perhaps it would be a good idea to "start" the meeting early, so those that have not yet done a zoom meeting can test it out?

      ____________________________________

      Bruce

      http://jbrr.com/

       

    • February 19, 2021 4:38 PM EST
      • Maryland, USA
         
      • Posts
        2,583
      • Thanks
        2,070
      • Thanked
        1,611

      Fred, thanks to your prodding me, I spoke with Jim and messaged Bob, and revised my intro post (at the top of this thread). 

       

      Thanks Jim and Bob for the links. It occurs to me now that we're not used to looking at 1st posts for updates.... 

       

      Oh, and this just in, Bruce Chandler is supplying all the high-end imported beer that you can virtually drink! Thanks Bruce!!!

       

       

       

       

       

       

    • February 19, 2021 5:22 PM EST
      • South Central , PA
         
      • Posts
        15,288
      • Thanks
        3,238
      • Thanked
        1,859

      Ken Brunt said:  Unfortunately, I'll be out of town that weekend, so you'll have to carry on without me.........................

       

       

       

      I forgot what time you said you were picking me up ?

    • February 19, 2021 5:26 PM EST
      • South Central , PA
         
      • Posts
        15,288
      • Thanks
        3,238
      • Thanked
        1,859

      Fred Mills. said:

      OK....Saturday, February 27th is quickly coming upon us, so PLEASE....:

              Can someone post in clear English. on this thread/forum, the link that one can click on, to take part in

      The "LSC/ECLSTS/2021 Alcove/Drag & Brag/Social Event"...Please...please, include instructions..

        Thank you in advance

        Fred Mills

             (Or, could the notice be posted, plainly on the Home page, as an event, NOT TO BE MISSED...how about both places, here and the home page !!)

       

       

      https://www.clearenglishcoach.com/

       

      I pre-qualify each person with a 20 minute Zoom call to make sure this course is a good fit for you. I want you to speak English with confidence and a smile. Schedule your call today.

    • February 19, 2021 9:24 PM EST
      • Burke, Virginia
         
      • Posts
        7,738
      • Thanks
        477
      • Thanked
        1,068

      Cliff Jennings said:

      Fred, thanks to your prodding me, I spoke with Jim and messaged Bob, and revised my intro post (at the top of this thread). 

      Thanks Jim and Bob for the links. It occurs to me now that we're not used to looking at 1st posts for updates.... 

      Oh, and this just in, Bruce Chandler is supplying all the high-end imported beer that you can virtually drink! Thanks Bruce!!!

      Great.  Once again I am in charge of virtually nothing. 

       

      ____________________________________

      Bruce

      http://jbrr.com/

       

    • February 25, 2021 6:09 PM EST
      • Maryland, USA
         
      • Posts
        2,583
      • Thanks
        2,070
      • Thanked
        1,611

      *bump*

      See the the first two posts in the thread for comments and list of signees.

    • February 26, 2021 3:49 AM EST
      • Chaco, Paraguay
         
      • Posts
        2,832
      • Thanks
        415
      • Thanked
        395

      Rooster said:...

      ... I want you to speak English with confidence and a smile. Schedule your call today.

      seems, that you want me excluded.

       

      i dont confide, and i'm no smilie...

       

      ... and i can't find my cam. (i know, i used it in this century, but where it is now...)

      This post was edited by Korm Kormsen at February 26, 2021 3:50 AM EST
      ____________________________________

       

      My Chaosplace ->  

    • February 27, 2021 5:34 PM EST
      • Cape Cod,
         
      • Posts
        3,131
      • Thanks
        198
      • Thanked
        358

       This virtual D&B sounds interesting.  Maybe I can setup my factory on the dining room table between 7-8?   My wife will flip.    LOL

      I have completed something else that will go along with the factory that the Boston area guys might appreciate. The clear coat went on this morning.  

      I put in the link Bob supplied and I have to figure out this Zoom thing.  See you, maybe. 

       

       

    • February 27, 2021 6:17 PM EST
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut
         
      • Posts
        14,102
      • Thanks
        1,807
      • Thanked
        1,342

      Bob McCown said:

      I will be posting the meeting link and meeting code in this thread, and on the event, a few days before the meeting.  

      As far as prerequisites, if you havent already, go to https://zoom.us/download, and download, install, and test the software.  You want to grab "Zoom Client for Meetings", I believe.  Its pretty easy to use.

       

      I'm sure I saw that information here earlier, but now I'm not able to locate it!!!!  I don't see it in the event.

       

      EDIT:  Never mind - I found it in the Event off the home page.

      This post was edited by Jon Radder at February 27, 2021 6:19 PM EST
      ____________________________________

      www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

Forums Shows and Conventions Conventions, Shows, Clubs and Get-Togethers

    Icon Legend

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google