Large Scale Central

The Wilmington & Western RR

The Wilmington & Western RR

I’ve been volunteering down there till they stopped running because of pandemic. The Doodlebug is down with a bad traction motor, the 2 steamers are down for an overhaul. I was supposed to be helping Andy clear out all the debris under the bridges, until this all started. I was fixing doors and seats in the coaches before that. And getting a history lesson from Andy.

2 years ago they had a dedication ceremony for one of the diesels that was just refurbished.

and the Doodlebug

Man, that Doodlebug looks like a road trip. I am so ready to get back on the road.

You’ll have to wait till they get the traction motor repaired. The do have a spare one they’re going to see if it’s okay to use. If not they’ll have to send it off for repair.

And I believe they only run the Doodlebug for the Art Show in Hockessin.

I wish I lived closer so I could be there to work. I took the Railroading 101 class a few years ago when my Father’s health was failing. He told me to go and learn something. We would drive down on Wednesday night, stay overnight, and drive home after class. It was experience I will never forget.

PLEASE NOTE THE DITCH LITES !!

Just sayin!

Lou Luczu said:

I wish I lived closer so I could be there to work. I took the Railroading 101 class a few years ago when my Father’s health was failing. He told me to go and learn something. We would drive down on Wednesday night, stay overnight, and drive home after class. It was experience I will never forget.

You’re the one that told me about that class, Lou. I took it the following year and started volunteering then, till my Dad got sick and I had to take care of him. Learned a lot from that class.

Ken Brunt said:

Lou Luczu said:

You’re the one that told me about that class, Lou. I took it the following year and started volunteering then, till my Dad got sick and I had to take care of him. Learned a lot from that class.

Very cool!