Large Scale Central

Another industry comes on line

Last summer, Nashoba Valley Railway Company aquired the abandoned Rooster’s Poultry Emporium building from Tetreault Real Estate Holding company. Over the winter NVRY stabilized the building, and is currently in negotiations withMarconi Macaroni Manufacturing to rent the building.

Nice buy! Get someone in there that can generate some good revenue for the railroad! And not leave feathers all over the place, they smell when they get wet .

And not to far from Dead Rooster Gulch…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Nice. Marconi Macaroni? Where did I hear of them?

Bob McCown said:

Last summer, Nashoba Valley Railway Company aquired the abandoned Rooster’s Poultry Emporium building from Tetreault Real Estate Holding company. Over the winter NVRY stabilized the building, and is currently in negotiations withMarconi Macaroni Manufacturing to rent the building.

Wait! Nashoba Valley Railway Company? is this the first time you have mentioned this? I just did a site search for “Nashoba Valley” and got nothing.

Excellent scale modeling of that clothesline, very realistic. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif).

Nice acquisition, Bob

Dan Hilyer said:

Nice acquisition, Bob

Agreed …didn’t know DT was giving that up.

Cool. That has never been a fun place to switch for us short guys. It’s a long reach over that wall!

Jon Radder said:

Cool. That has never been a fun place to switch for us short guys. It’s a long reach over that wall!

Bringing this thread back to life. Putting this building out this year, I noticed it had gotten out of square. So I reinforced it crossways with some PVC 1x2, and replaced the peaked roof with a piece of black PVC. Currently printing some details for the roof, like vents and all.

Also, with the help of Jennings Sign Company, i have the sign ready for paint and installation on the roof.

1 Like

First coats of paint.

3 Likes

Paint and weathering, and it’s ready to be mounted.

2 Likes

I’m all for it Is Guido still head cook? :innocent:

Don’t matter Hollywood cause Guido ain’t cooking nothing at the Marconi Macaroni Company anyway. What I would like to know is how Guido is purchasing (bulk) macaroni from Marconi and how it will be shipped from from terminus to wholesaler.

Would love to see how the bulk macaroni is loaded and what cars will be used?

Just saying :

:rooster:

Dry pack Box Cars would fill the need

Covered hoppers from Luigi’s Bulk Pasta.

Deliveries from the pasta mine, of course.

5 Likes

I have decided I like the look of the original sloped roof instead of the flat roof. So, as the Head Master Fabricator In Charge of the Department of Over-Engineering, I will rebuild and strengthen it. Maybe add some dormer style windows in addition to the sign.

IMG_6627

1 Like

I think your “ANOTHER INDUSTRY” should not be an industry at all! You should build Camden Yards as you ABSOLUTELY have the perfect backdrop ? You can still have a macaroni company with the signage as it’s your,you’re railroad U’r rules!

https://explore.baltimoreheritage.org/items/show/324

Place it in a spot where all the trains and light rail run around it! Then screw modeling NY harbors as Inner Harbor MD is all the rage these days.

Just saying ?

:rooster: