• Topic: Jan's and Ric's Great Adventure in 2020

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 1, 2020 1:46 PM EST
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Jan's and Ric's Great Adventure in 2020

1 January, 2020 - Ridge Live Steamers, Dundee, Florida

Yes Folks, the documentation of our travels continues on these pages.  The New Year finds us once again at one of our favorite locations.  This is our 5th New Year here and it still is fun.

Friday will be the second 1 1/2 inch scale Ops of this Winter Season.  All that want to participate or just watch are welcome.  It is based on the traditional Car Card/Waybill format, but with the added challenge of extra riding cars to carry the switching crews.  There are also Passenger Trains running on the hour to a schedule and they have priority.  There is usually room on one of these trains, if someone wants to just observe and ride.  V.I.P. treatment is given to those that R.S.V. P., but walk-ins are always welcome.  Just don't be surprised if you get pulled into joining the fun.

• March 21, 2020 9:00 PM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

21 March, 2020 - Carlyle

Sitting on the couch in the living room of our duplex.  Bo is by my side and Jan is working on a quilt.  Watching a Marathon of "Fast and Furious".  We left the Ridge Live Steamers on Monday the 16th of March and got home on the 18th.  Simple trip, nothing exciting.  Probably the best under the current circumstances. 

It was a good Winter.  Made it home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  4 Car Card/ Waybill Ops Sessions at Ridge.  Last one ended Sunday the 15th of March.  Old guys are beginning to have to give to the younger members as the old guys want to put things away starting at 2pm on the Sunday of Ops and the young guys that just have weekends off say, "Its the middle of Sunday afternoon, we aren't ready to quit."  Old guys are too tired to argue, so youth continues to play.  Yeah, I went in about 3 pm.

Lost a controller on the 1.5 inch Railbus this Winter, but installed a new one and it made the passenger schedule of every Ops.  Picked up a 1.5 - 3 axle Box Cab.  Should pull like a beast.  Yeah, I've got a thing for Box Cabs.  Got some ideas and gives me another project to work on.  Maybe it will keep hours off the Railbus.

Haven't even begun to unload the pickup, Spring has not arrive in Southern Illinois, yet.  We've seen more rain in the last 4 days in Carlyle, than we saw all Winter in Florida.  So working on the HO switching layout in the warmth of the spare room inside.  Nice, dry and warm.  I'll try to get an update on that site.  The Governor of Chicago has declared a lock down on all of us inmates in Illinois, so there is plenty of time to work on things.

Came home at our scheduled time.  Next schedule outing is a trip to Brunt's for KOPS2020, we'll see if that works out.  After that is the May Bluestone Southern Ops.  Still walkin and talkin, so as I always say and try to convince myself "Life is Good!"

• March 21, 2020 9:04 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

x

x

o

• March 21, 2020 9:05 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

x   o   x

o   x   o

now what

• March 21, 2020 9:08 PM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

I'll bite - What?

• March 22, 2020 3:46 AM EDT
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Jan has to keep her feet off the dashboard. It was blocking my view of the highway....................

Spring comes and goes here in PA, one day it's in the 70's, the next in the 40's. Now we have snow in the forecast. But the grass is still growing. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

• March 22, 2020 7:01 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Ken Brunt said:

Jan has to keep her feet off the dashboard. It was blocking my view of the highway....................

Spring comes and goes here in PA, one day it's in the 70's, the next in the 40's. Now we have snow in the forecast. But the grass is still growing. 

What kinda grass?

• March 23, 2020 3:32 AM EDT
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Rooster ' said:
      Ken Brunt said:

What kinda grass?

The green kind.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

• March 23, 2020 3:52 AM EDT
      • Vail, Az

• Thanks

Rooster ' said:
      Ken Brunt said:

What kinda grass?

Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner
      But he knew it couldn't last
      Jojo left his home in Tucson, Arizona
      For some California grass

John

The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

Forums General Other Hobbies

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google