Forums General Videos
  • Topic: Very early Burlington Northern

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 23, 2019 12:55 PM EDT
      • Deer Park, Washington

• Thanks

Very early Burlington Northern

Early Burlington Northern In the Cascades of Washington and Oregon, with a few scenes in Spokane.  This appears to be so early that some of the locomotive and caboose are not yet patched.  Some very good scenes of ALCos of the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Ry.

I give up.   https://youtu.be/EZCFuV5188M

This post was edited by Steve Featherkile at June 23, 2019 7:27 PM EDT

Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

• June 23, 2019 1:27 PM EDT
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

• June 23, 2019 3:03 PM EDT
      • Rio Linda, Cal.

• Thanks

Hey, Steve Featherki...   Neat video....  

I didn't know that Western Pacific went up that far to WA.  BN must of purchaser them maybe? 

In the video they were using 6 of the W.P units and one Northern Pacific in a train.

Very interesting as years in the 50ths and 60ths, we use to see those units out here in Sacramento. 

Rio feather says...One leave train running here and takes a coffee break, may find Koi fishes checking out how deep an Engine can swim when the Swing Bridge is left open. It happen to Big Feather Tweedledum.... Burnt finger Nbr. SA#49
                 Our Video's

• June 23, 2019 4:01 PM EDT
      • Missouri, It's like Floodsburg, man

• Thanks

Pretty cool. That's definitely a 'we mean business' snowplow on that WP F-unit.

• June 23, 2019 5:54 PM EDT
      • Port Orchard, Washington

• Thanks

Noel,

The WP and BN had interchange and trackage right agreements in the early days before the WP folded into the UP. The BN had trackage rights from Kalamath Falls down the WP into California. I also believe that the BN had power pools with the WP so they didn't have to swap engines between K Falls and California. 

• June 23, 2019 7:27 PM EDT
      • South Central , PA

• Thanks

Good stuff !

• June 23, 2019 7:54 PM EDT
      • Rio Linda, Cal.

• Thanks

Craig Townsend said:

Noel,

The WP and BN had interchange and trackage right agreements in the early days before the WP folded into the UP. The BN had trackage rights from Kalamath Falls down the WP into California. I also believe that the BN had power pools with the WP so they didn't have to swap engines between K Falls and California. 

..... I knew they interchanged at the Feather River Cyn. (W.P.  Kidder yard.)  Had to laf tho...  W.P. always seem to had hard times on getting equip. fixed or replaced   Didn't think the old wore out W.P Eng's. could make it up that far...lol.

This post was edited by Noel Wilson at June 24, 2019 1:45 AM EDT

Rio feather says...One leave train running here and takes a coffee break, may find Koi fishes checking out how deep an Engine can swim when the Swing Bridge is left open. It happen to Big Feather Tweedledum.... Burnt finger Nbr. SA#49
                 Our Video's

• June 24, 2019 8:47 AM EDT
      • Saint Johns, Florida

• Thanks

Steve Featherkile said:

Early Burlington Northern In the Cascades of Washington and Oregon, with a few scenes in Spokane.  This appears to be so early that some of the locomotive and caboose are not yet patched.  Some very good scenes of ALCos of the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Ry.

There was no "S" in your embed code!

• June 24, 2019 8:55 AM EDT
      • Deer Park, Washington

• Thanks

Joe Zullo said:
      Steve Featherkile said:

There was no "S" in your embed code!

Joe, there's an "s," in the "https," should it be red?  Where should the red "s," be located?  

Not only does my mind wander, sometimes it walks off completely.

Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me.  I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.  Will Rogers.

• June 24, 2019 10:17 AM EDT
      • Becker, Minnesota

• Thanks

Interesting video.

Would be fun if BNSF came out with Heritage Units like UP and NS. Be fun to see modern versions of the fallen flags rolling down the rails. 

- Eric

Greater Minnesota Railroad (GMRR)

"An Adventure in Garden Railroading"

• June 24, 2019 10:30 AM EDT
      • Port Orchard, Washington

• Thanks

Eric Warhol said:

Interesting video.

Would be fun if BNSF came out with Heritage Units like UP and NS. Be fun to see modern versions of the fallen flags rolling down the rails. 

Unlikely to happen. Uncle Warren has publicly said that BNSF doesn't need to do fallen flag units. The closest we get at the hopper cars with the old logos so the trademark doesn't expire.

Forums General Videos

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google