Large Scale Central

Aristo Classic 2-8-0 tender wanted

Anyone have a spare tender from an Aristo classic 1/24th 2-8-0? I seem to be acquiring another loco without a tender!

Good luck, they are hard to come by, and people want top dollar.

Greg

Buy a Heartland 4-4-0 tender. They are very similar.

Did you get the one from Kevin Strong?

Chris Kieffer said:

Did you get the one from Kevin Strong?

Haven’t heard back from him yet. I assume his is the ‘proper’ one from a 4-4-0. I also have a 2-8-0 tender in possibly junk state coming from another guy on FB.

I have a hole c16 i bought from ron gibson of lgb years ago. Worn and used hard. I had plans of bashing it and restoring it but it never came about. I paid 75 bucks. If you have an interest send me a message. Stil has original box.

Tender

Pete, I just acquired this tender. It’s either An Aristo or a delton. If interested let me know.

Jason

Jason - thanks. I replied to your message that I’m interested.

My “possibly junk” Aristo tenders turned up yesterday. Not quite what I was expecting!

However, I did pick up another loco with 2 tenders so we are good to go - pic of all 3 in my 4-4-0 thread.

Cool. Definitely beat up. But they could look good.

Tender

Tender

Tender

Tender

Tender

Tender

Jason,

That looks to be a more recent version, maybe from the last 2-8-0 with the new drivetrain?

Thank you so much for the offer. I decided I really didn’t need another tender so I have to pass on this very nice example.

No problem Pete.

This is for sale if anyone is interested. $55 shipped.

Jason

Hi Jason, I’m interested.

I’m fighting an internal battle; should I downsize or not. My health cancelled my MIK challenge canteen, but now that I’ve beaten lung cancer again, my sister is letting me move back home! I think I need that tender/canteen to hang behind my C-16 wood burner…

I bet if you send me (a PM is fine) your address and preferred method for payment, my money will be on it’s way to you this Monday.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

John, Good to hear!!! And I Know the feeling battle to downsize lol. PM sent

Jason