Large Scale Central

pic problem--again!

I just loaded some pics to my freight shed to show you guys.

They are named correctly, and jpg format.

When I go to open them to capture the source I get a "This document is not supported to be previewed."

I uploaded the exact same pic to my Albums and here it is.

John,

I see the file extension is .jpeg try changing it to .jpg

Freight shed seems to have issues with the 4 character extension.

So albums work and freight shed doesn’t with the same extension. I’m not going to change every pic I want to share.

Bob should fix this !!

I have found over the years to keep my files to .jpg indeed I have found .jpeg fail… and don’t get me started on .JPG vs. .jpg on Linux systems.

you could request Bob to rename all .jpeg to .jpg for you… fixing the software, hmm…

Greg

Maybe I can find out how to save them as .jpg on my Mac in photo settings. But then they have to work on other sites as well as email.

Just checked the originals on the Mac. They are .jpg. They got changed by gremlins to 'jpeg durning the transfer from my computer to the freight shed.

It was nothing I did.

This was put into my Albums as a .jpeg from the Mac desktop. Works fine. Albums recognize .jpeg Freight sheds do not.

I found that a Mac with the new Mohave OS automatically exports jpg as jpeg to the desktop. I’ll try importing a jpg to Freight sheds direct from the photo album instead of using the desktop.

I added a pic direct from my photo app as a jpg to freight shed. It worked and stayed a jpg. That sucks, cause I like to drag and drop from the desk top. Much easier .

Link to the freight shed ?

" Rooster " said:

Would that really help?

Bruce D. Chandler said:

" Rooster " said:

Would that really help?

Yes

Is this what you want, Foghorn?

https://www.largescalecentral.com/filesharing/file/view/12513/img-2191-jpg

Cool

That is a .jpg loaded from my photo album on the Mac straight to the freight shed . It stayed a .jpg during the transfer. If I would have

drug it from the desktop to freight shed it would have changed to a .jpeg. It is Apples way of reducing the size of a file for sharing.

I still haven’t found out to change it without going into “directives” and re-writing the code. That is the only cure I can find in the Mac help center.

" Rooster " said:

Bruce D. Chandler said:

" Rooster " said:

Would that really help?

Yes

I see you have another thread started and got it figured out so my question was valid then John.

Huh?

Who has another thread started?

I posted the link for you, Roost…

Sometimes you just have to shake your thread and realize he’s just… different… (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

John Bouck said:

This was put into my Albums as a .jpeg from the Mac desktop. Works fine. Albums recognize .jpeg Freight sheds do not.

I found that a Mac with the new Mohave OS automatically exports jpg as jpeg to the desktop. I’ll try importing a jpg to Freight sheds direct from the photo album instead of using the desktop.

Hey John,

I use BOTH an old XP Pro PC and a MacBook Pro with the latest Mojave OS and I don’t have ANY photo issues like you are experiencing. Everything is always jpg on BOTH machines (at least TODAY it’s working normal :slight_smile: ). So when I post photos to my posts/threads I use either computer (which ever one I choose to use at the time…I use both computers simultaneously during the day). PC for cad and drawing work and the Mac when I don’t want to move from my cad work on the PC. So far, so good AND I am NOT a computer “geek”. Personally I don’t like working with the Desktop on either computer. I find that if you are in a hurry, you usually can get a “cluttered Desktop” very easily. Then you have to go back to delete the clutter! I ALWAYS like to work in the existing “file tree” then I don’t have to worry about going back to clean-up the clutter. I hope you get it “sorted out”. Good luck. Now I have to get my photos sorted out from yesterday’s Easter Day Run for the 1-1/2 inch scale Short Line Railroad. Big Day yesterday :slight_smile: .