Large Scale Central

Buffalo Shay for Sale (condition - new)

I have a new, never run Missouri Locomotive Company Buffalo Shay for sale.

The Shay belongs to a customer who delivered the model to me for deadrail conversion. He has decided to change scales before I started the work.

The model is unpacked from it’s shipping crate and is available for pickup in Trenton New Jersey - $1600 (price direct from MoLoCo is $1995 + $90 shipping).

Geoff Ringlé

This one?

I tried to post a photo in the ad, but it is not showing.

Here is the link to moloco: http://moloco.biz/Store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=32

Geoff

(http://moloco.biz/Store/images/threetruckshay15193web.jpg)

Sparks or Steam? Good to see you posting again Geoff. Coming to ECLSTS in York?

If he was going to convert it to dead-rail, then wouldn’t that be sparks?

And in the description;

The motor sets about three inches in from the smoke box door, and the motor leads are readily accessible in the boiler. These spaces should ease the installation of sound, smoke and other electronic controls.

I just love T boiler Shays, but for that kind of money I had better be able to drive her to work. In other woids, she is far out of my pay-scale.

Doh. Brain kinda fried from trying to figure angles at work, didn’t think it through. Going to the website description also talks about motors. I noticed that after I posted.

Sean, thanks for posting the picture.

Hi Jon, nice to see your post. I haven’t posted in a long time. I still have all my 1:20 EBT equipment, but most of my modeling and business revolves around On3, P48 & 2-rail O.

I was not planning to attend ECLSTS, but I was thinking a $500 savings on a new engine might persuade someone to swing past Trenton on their way to or from York.

As I understand it, The 1:20.3 Buffalo Shay was made exclusively for Missouri Locomotive Company by Accucraft. It has plenty of easily accessible space for battery and/or electronics.

If someone is interested, I can email photos of the actual loco.

Geoff

Jon Radder said:

Doh. Brain kinda fried from trying to figure angles at work, didn’t think it through. Going to the website description also talks about motors. I noticed that after I posted.

Understood.