Large Scale Central

Wanted: Dead Loco

Hello!

I am looking to create a small shelf display in my office. I’d like to find a dead or damaged loco for it, along with a couple feet of straight track.

I would like a 1:29 or 1:32 scale, standard gauge loco over a larger scale narrow gauge one. It need not run; in fact, a gutted piece would be fine. I am thinking of maybe an Aristocraft or a Lionel 0-4-0 or maybe a Lionel 4-4-2, but others may suit.

I don’t want to be insulting, but I really don’t want to pay more than about $40 for the thing–it will only be a decoration, after all.

If you have such a wreck and don’t mind letting it go for so little, let me know. I’d like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Steve Allen

[email protected]

Welcome Palallin,

Good luck with your venture!

BTW, I should note that I don’t expect the track to be included in the loco purchase for a figure near the one I hope to pay.

You posted this in February… I have a “hulk” of a Bachman 4-6-0 railroad engine, similar to the attached photo, but no tender, and I also have some plastic track.

But it is all stored in a shipping container, which I would have to “dig through” in order to find it. $50 for loco & 2 sections of track and I will do it. You pay shipping cost…est. $20 or less.

Don Eyermann

480-516-6487

[email protected]

you sure it’s not a battery powered 4-6-0 Bachmann from the late 80ths

Yes Bill, thanks for the correction, it is a Bachman, and I corrected the reply with a more accurate (larger) collage. I have about five (I think), (which I bought in groups with cars, not realizing some were battery operated…duh…), three are track electric powered and two battery. But they are all the same parts, just the level of drive links detail varies. I plan on having a round house/repair depot on my layout, with trains in work and one being dismantled. Plus the track power Vanderbilt to pull my set of 1890s cars…so, I can part with one to satisfy Mr. Allen’s (Palallin’s) desire to have an intact locomotive for a diorama.