Large Scale Central

Eztec Recab Rescaling

Reworking another low cost engine I picked up. This one from Eztec with a Bachmann Big Hauler cab, Like the New Blight engine its surprising how something as simple as changing the cab makes, still needs to add a little work to the smokestack.

Vic, this is a bash that Jack Hill has started also a eztech just a different model, hasn’t really done anything yet but it shows the possibility’s of simple bashes, this is sitting on one of the new anniversary Bachmann chassis, he’s kind of like me, start something and then move on to something new, he is on LSC under Capt. Jack and has done some very nice stuff, Bill

jack's bash

Hey Bill, thats a neat bash. I haven’t posted any more on this as the engine decided to stop running. Oh well at least I know my idea work on any future acquisitions

That’s understandable, both Jack and myself bash stuff but usually we try to up date the drive mechanism because that seems to be the weak point, but you can come up with pretty neat believable pieces, I guess I was fortunate enough to start when there was no American stuff except Kalamazoo so I built my own and had a ton of fun and stuff no one else has, think my best was my big hauler battery powered one that I shortened the smoke box 1 set of rivets and the boiler up to the last band moving the generator, putting it on a LGB mogul chassis and adding a training truck to make a prairie engine runs on any radius and is my largest engine. May be you can come up with a Bachmann 2-4-2 drive for it but it is definitely a different looking Atlantic. Thanks for the share, Bill

prairie

Wow!

KId-zilla has that EZTEC thing (named Gordon). My father-in-law picked it up for $1.50, and we use it as his sacrificial loco. I know you had mentioned this toy brand to me before, Bill, but I didn’t know I was sitting on one.

Interesting…

Eric