Large Scale Central

C&TS RR / National Geographic short film

Hello,

This short film is 10 minutes of pure pleasure!

https://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/short-film-showcase/00000168-80f8-df6b-ad7d-c0fe1f210000

(when the webpage is displayed, just wait, it takes 20-25 seconds before the film starts automatically)

Hope you’ll enjoyed.

Yves.

P.S. You can check the other train-related videos at the bottom of the screen, the Sahara one worths to be seen.

It’s a train story about “The” John Bush and the C&TS railroad. John is really like that every day. I have had the pleasure of working with him for several years now, and he is the real McCoy of a old line train guy. He will get right down and dirty with you anytime there is a need. And give you the shirt off his back if needed.

I have fired 315 with him at the throttle and throttled with him firing. Ran both day and night excursions with him as conductor, and with him as our brakeman. And had him and I laying in the cinders, struggling to replace a broken pin under a hot locomotive.

He really is the comsumate steam railroad guy.

Dave, I kept looking for you!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

Dave Taylor said:

It’s a train story about “The” John Bush and the C&TS railroad. John is really like that every day. I have had the pleasure of working with him for several years now, and he is the real McCoy of a old line train guy. He will get right down and dirty with you anytime there is a need. And give you the shirt off his back if needed.

I have fired 315 with him at the throttle and throttled with him firing. Ran both day and night excursions with him as conductor, and with him as our brakeman. And had him and I laying in the cinders, struggling to replace a broken pin under a hot locomotive.

He really is the comsumate steam railroad guy.

Dave,

I agree with you about John being the consummate steam railroad guy. When the bad “Fourth Of July” fire nearly destroyed Diablo Trestle and stopped the train from running for a long time, he and Governor Bill Richardson fought long and hard to get the funds to completely rebuild the trestle and get the railroad running again. That was a close one for the C&TS at that time. He is truly one of a kind. Great video!

That makes me homesick.

Great video

Thanks

That was FANTASTIC!

Awesome!

Great video, Thanks!