Large Scale Central

wanted any broken down ho, hon30, maybe s, and g scale locos

i want to be a model railway junker!
so i’m looking for broken down engines for scenery in ho scale, otherwise the rest of the loco scales still including ho that need to be repaired will be fixed with new parts from online, or parts to be combined with another engine to make one working engine. the repaired locos will then me either kept in my possession, given to local museum if they are interested, or resold for a reasonable price to buy more stuff to repair, or new supply’s to use on my railway or our museum.

dont get me wrong, its not all about the money, even though it would be nice to earn a little, i just love restoring engines that much! i have engines that i already own that need parts, mostly vintages, so what ever you have, send a picture of it and send it my way so i can determinant if i can recycle it into something great again.

MOST WANTED: parts for the rare 4-6-0 Disney locomotive, need a head lamp and the chimney top.

Image result for ho disney train

Hello, welcome to Bob’s living room and G scale hangout.

Got anything G?

Brett said:

i want to be a model railway junker!
so i’m looking for broken down engines for scenery in ho scale, otherwise the rest of the loco scales still including ho that need to be repaired will be fixed with new parts from online, or parts to be combined with another engine to make one working engine. the repaired locos will then me either kept in my possession, given to local museum if they are interested, or resold for a reasonable price to buy more stuff to repair, or new supply’s to use on my railway or our museum.

dont get me wrong, its not all about the money, even though it would be nice to earn a little, i just love restoring engines that much! i have engines that i already own that need parts, mostly vintages, so what ever you have, send a picture of it and send it my way so i can determinant if i can recycle it into something great again.

MOST WANTED: parts for the rare 4-6-0 Disney locomotive, need a head lamp and the chimney top.

Image result for ho disney train

Nice intro! Do you have any snake oils ?

Welcome Brett !

Brett, I am in the process of doing just what you said. Repairing and bringing back into operation some vintage HO.

Seeing what all needs to be replaced on some of these “treasures”, I am warming up to the idea of getting into 3D printing. Its not like I can write Tyco, or Roco and request a long out of production part for one of these things.

hello! i want to make that tyco into the back to the future engine some day. in g scale i have a big haller 4-6-0 in need of repairs, plan to install a new repro chassis on it. also have a bobber caboose, a wood box car, vary recently a LGB stainz 0-4-0, and a little diesel called “big huster”, it was a kit engine from 1995…and kinda looked like a block of cheese before it was painted.

with track, i have a circle of bachmann steel track, and a oval of brass track. is all brass tracks made to be used outdoors? well anyway thats all of it.