Large Scale Central

Wanted Gold coast station GP30 or SD70

Hi,

I know its a long shot but I’m looking to buy A black widow series GP30 or SD70 made for gold coast station. If you have one your willing to part with please let me know.

Thanks, Dave Stubbs

Hi Dave,

Have you tried contacting Hans directly? He is still in business (2 locations now, Ventura and Tehachapi) Though store hours and locations he’s at vary week to week. Best to call.

I would assume he should have a few floating around as he has to front the capital for these custom production runs and he is really the only person who sells them on the primary market.

I would also think on the secondary market, you will be paying at or even more than his original pricing on the engines.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yep spoke with Hans he has none in stock i’m on the list but its been awhile. Looking like I’ll be waiting for the SD40-2 versions he is working on.

Oh wow, bummer. I would have expected him to have a few he has held back for “requests“ but it has been a few years since his last run.

I have not not seen any in my eBay searches or even at the local shop in a while, but will keep an eye out for you.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

thought twice about your suggestion and it had been awhile since I spoke to Hans so I gave him a call and he was able to find a used but new condition GP30. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave

Oh cool! Glad to hear you found the GP30 from Hans. Enjoy running it around the layout. Super nice engines from USAT and great paint scheme that Hans has put together for the SP line!

Hi Dave,

Was browsing around the interwebs today and I saw that trainz.com has a SP black widow GP9 up for auction on their site.

https://marketplace.trainzauctions.com/offer/details/USA-Trains-22117-G-Southern-Pacific-Black-Widow-GP-9-Diesel-Locomotive-%235781-8491340

It looks in decent shape from the photos. I have never bought anything from them directly, just on their eBay store. Thought you might be interested.

-Chris