Large Scale Central

Beatiful hand made steam engines

Yesterday I attended the annual Connecticut Antique Machinery Association’s Fall Festival; which I have done nearly every September for about 25 years. There is always something new and interesting. This year the display of hand made steam locomotives by Rich Hubbard was a highlight. Rich built all of this from scratch. Even the leaf springs are functional individual pieces, Just awesome!!!

Not certain, as Rich was busy talking so I didn’t interrupt to ask, but this looked like 7/8ths scale or larger on Gauge 1 track…

And this one, still under construction looks to be on a larger gauge, maybe 2.5"…

Rich’s calling card…

OUTSTANDING craftsmanship!

Yes, Very nice looking work. I wish he didn’t have all the tubing jammed in the back so we could see the back head detail. Looks like the throttle is hiding behind it, and I wonder if that brake staff works too. I also wonder about that rear light, does it lift up and swing around to the other side of the railing for reverse running?

Did you get to see the Tionesta Valley Caboose #11 While you were there? Thanks Jon!

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

Yes, Very nice looking work. I wish he didn’t have all the tubing jammed in the back so we could see the back head detail. Looks like the throttle is hiding behind it, and I wonder if that brake staff works too. I also wonder about that rear light, does it lift up and swing around to the other side of the railing for reverse running?

Did you get to see the Tionesta Valley Caboose #11 While you were there? Thanks Jon!

I agree. He probably would have moved it if I was patient enough to ask. I think the rear light is swung around for travel.

TV Ry 111 was hiding inside the engine house all weekend, but I was there early before they closed the doors and grabbed a few shots. Still on shop trucks…