Large Scale Central

LGB Locomotives For Sale - DC/DCC Upgraded

My hobby is refurbishing and upgrading LGB locomotives, new or used, with DC/DCC sound/power decoders. I have several LGB Forney type locos and LGB American and European type diesel locos posted for sell on eBay and my own new website. You can hear the samples of the installed sound systems on my website, including a short video of a Soundtraxx Tusunami2 power/sound decoder installed in the small LGB 23130 Olomana steam loco.

Looks like you do nice work, but I think you ought to link Large Scale Central on the home page of your website, not Mylargescale!!!

Thanks for the response……I put the same quality TLC for the locos that I upgrade for sell as the ones that I upgrade for my own use.

Good suggestion about the largescalecentral.com forums……….I also add it to my website.

Tom

Tom;

Nicely done! have you, or could you, fit the Olomana to battery power?

NeilEr

Hawaii Island, Hawaii

NeilEr - Sorry, I can’t give you an answer about battery power since I’ve never used it. If the battery isn’t too heavy to pull behind the Olomana, I assume it’s doable.

Tom

Neil, you can easily fit battery R/C inside the Olomana. Tom used the 4-amp decoder, but you don’t need that much. I did an LGB 0-4-0 porter where everything but the battery is inside the boiler using a TCS 2-amp decoder. The battery (11.1v Li-Ion) is inside the cab in a box I built to look like a coal bunker. You could probably fit that battery in the bunker of the Olomana, or you could go to a LiPo pack. I use 850mA LiPo packs in my On30 stuff. (After doing battery R/C in On30, there is virtually NOTHING in large scale that will present a challenge.)

Later,

K