Large Scale Central

LGB sound cars in concert..

Here is a video of my LGB and one USAT sound car collection in action.

The train of cars heads out for a concert and returns to the yard for solo performances.

This was weird. I made this video public and about 10 minutes later I got a rather serious Email from youtube that I may have infringed on a copyright for using “the chicken dance” song in my video and that the video may be deleted. That hasn’t happened yet. In the video you will see and hear (like an earworm) the chicken dance boxcar playing the tune. I don’t have my videos set up to make money so I don’t see a problem here.

I thought it was pretty amazing that youtube could pick up and flag a video for music that is playing in the background. I wonder if they send the same warning for every video posted that may have the radio or TV on in the background?

Youtube didn’t care about the 2 coca cola jingles playing just the chicken dance one?

Anyways here is the video.

I got a rather serious Email from youtube that I may have infringed on a copyright for using “the chicken dance” song

All automated - the song ‘signature’ is checked by computer to ensure no infringement. Much as Shazam (the app) recognizes the song and tells you what it is. Coca Cola jingles have no copyright!

Todd, we tried to tell you: “They are watching you”.

Maybe now you will be a little more paranoid.

Lou Luczu said:

Todd, we tried to tell you: “They are watching you”.

Maybe now you will be a little more paranoid.

I know it is getting scary when I look on one site at something for sale and then it shows up on a feed on another site or I get an email to see if I am still interested in the item.

They really are watching!

Yea, they are watching, but they aint none too bright. How many computers, Jeeps, Refrigerators, water-heaters etc. does one person need? If I already bought it, then I don’t need to be drowned in advertising for the item.

David Maynard said:

Yea, they are watching, but they aint none too bright. How many computers, Jeeps, Refrigerators, water-heaters etc. does one person need? If I already bought it, then I don’t need to be drowned in advertising for the item.

That is true and worse is when the pop up ad shows that you could have bought it for less!

Another annoyance is when you watch something on Ebay to see what it sells for and after the sale you get a notice that you missed the item but here are a bunch of other items to consider. Of course the other items are nothing like what I was watching because it was a relatively rare train item.

I wonder how many people respond to the pop ups and extra ads to actually buy something?

Todd Haskins said:

David Maynard said:

That is true and worse is when the pop up ad shows that you could have bought it for less!

Yea, that hurts. But the adds are for places that have to ship the thing, so I just tell myself that they would eat my lunch with shipping.

Another annoyance is when you watch something on Ebay to see what it sells for and after the sale you get a notice that you missed the item but here are a bunch of other items to consider. Of course the other items are nothing like what I was watching because it was a relatively rare train item.

Rare or not, what they offer to also consider is often not even close to what I was looking at, often its not even in the same scale. The advertising algorithm is as stupid as any other computer program.

I wonder how many people respond to the pop ups and extra ads to actually buy something?

Well, I have on rare occasions. But quite often the pop ups don’t have the best price for a given item. But, every second or third blue moon, they do.