Large Scale Central

An all caboose excursion train

This weekend the crew got creative and setup an all caboose train for the rail fans to ride on. The special excursion was a hit and will be sure to repeated later in the season.

When I worked as a docent at the B&O Museum we had a lot of cabeese - apparently a previous Director had started collecting. On the steam days, we had a train of 6 or 8 of them giving rides towed by a diesel - just like yours, except the cabeese were mostly std gauge 4-axle steel units. There was a dcoent in each car for safety purposes, and they were all filthy. I offered to get a hose and spray the interiors one year, but they didn’t take me up on it.

Let’s not get silly. We all know there is no such word as cabeeses!

Plural of Crummy is Cabeese.

Lou Luczu said:

Let’s not get silly. We all know there is no such word as cabeeses!

Plural of Crummy is Cabeese.

And the plural of Lou is Loos? (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Cabeeses - according to Google the plural is Cabela’s? How does THAT work???

I’m pretty sure that we have gone WAY past silly. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Isn’t it odd how cabeese tend to collect and multiply, when only one was needed per train? And now…no cabeese are needed at all because of FRED.

Often times I see in the HO auctions, 3 or 4 cabeese (or more) in a lot of 15 to 20 cars.

David Maynard said:

Isn’t it odd how cabeese tend to collect and multiply, when only one was needed per train? And now…no cabeese are needed at all because of FRED.

Often times I see in the HO auctions, 3 or 4 cabeese (or more) in a lot of 15 to 20 cars.

Isn’t that the truth? I had gathered a LOT more than I needed. Heck, I run TWO trains…which pretty much says I should have two cabooses. I’ve eliminated a few…but I’m still over the limit.

That sure is a bunch of cabeeese! I’ve done the same, but I only have three with compatible couplers. I had a few more, but I might have sold them, don’t remember. I do remember that one of the 3 I do run came here from Burke VA by way of Canada and Maine!

That is a great story Pete.

I actually have 3 more cabooses than what is in the video. They do multiply. I generally only run 2 or 3 on a regular basis and the rest collect dust.

Eventually I want to get a steel sided one and paint it in the RR’s colours. The lil hauler in the video just got a black stripe and next up is some yellow striping.

Happy RRing.