Large Scale Central

Super-detailed Aristo Bulkhead REA flat

I picked this up at ECLSTS and decided it really doesn’t fit with my 1:20 EBT rolling stock. It was beautifully detailed and painted by Jim’s Model Trains in Pittsburgh (I think.) $75 plus shipping.

You notice that the flat car has brake wheels on both ends…remove one, as two on the car is NOT prototypical. Keep the second as a spare, as they are easily broken.

Current, realistic price, except if a dedicated collector wants it, would be around $30…I just sold several of them…

Fr.Fred

Current, realistic price,

Thank you Fred. I doubt you’d get the super-detailed load and paint job on an off-the-shelf model! Someone put in a lot of work on that car.

And it is RR independent, as REA cars ran on many roads. [Disclosure: I am fully aware that REA never had any bulkhead flats!]

Pete Thornton said:

I picked this up at ECLSTS and decided it really doesn’t fit with my 1:20 EBT rolling stock. It was beautifully detailed and painted by Jim’s Model Trains in Pittsburgh (I think.) $75 plus shipping.

As I tell my kids (and myself, especially!) when a good thing takes a wrong turn, “Let’s just start over.”

Sold (in less than 1/2 day on FB)

Congrats

Atta boy!