Large Scale Central

Metal Wheels for Sale

Per the advice of a member here the ad is deleted and the items moved to Ebay

Andre, I PM’d you an offer for the Bachmann steel wheels.

Andrè Schofield said:

Gave up the RR quite a few years ago. So going thru the train shed and clearing stuff out.

A set of wheels per this ad = 4 axles with wheels. Condition of most are new or mildly used. Some have some paint on them. A few sets show plenty of road miles but are very usable. Best stuff goes out first.

Have a few sets of semi scale or scale, I no longer know which. These have some light surface rust on them. The “weathering” is free! They are $30 per set

Bachmann wheel sets are $25 per set

Older Bachman wheel sets are $15 per set

Older Aristo, I think, with the large plastic insulating axle are $10 per set

LGB spoked are $30 per set

Large bunch of what I think are Aristo sets are $30 per set.

Passenger car trucks with steel wheels are $100 for the pair

Aristo SD45 wheels $30

Shipping is extra.

Do you know how long the passenger car (6wheel) bogies(trucks) are, brand and do they come with solid or spoke wheels, Thanks Bill

Andrè Schofield said:

Most prices reduced, thanks fellas!

So what are the current prices?

Amazing deal’s to be had here . Not sure why everyone isn’t all over them ?

Well, when I reorganized my garage, I discovered that I have 4 cases of Bachmann wheels, and half a dozen sets of Aristo wheels that I didn’t know that I had. Plus I have several wheels in the bin in my workroom. And since my storage spaces are nearly full, I have really slowed down on the purchase of rolling stock.

Andrè Schofield said:

Bill, They are 5.75 inches long and have solid wheels

Not sure the brand but they are heavy duty, 1/8+ wall thickness of the frame members.

They’re Commonwealth trucks for steam tenders, most likely Aristocraft.

" Rooster " said:

Amazing deal’s to be had here . Not sure why everyone isn’t all over them ?

Well I kinda expected used prices … see I have a NEW blister pack of 4 Aristo wheels and they were tagged at $17.99 new and the amazing deal is $30 a set… plus shipping. Color me not amazed.

When Gary Raymond wheels at $4.95 a piece, that puts a set of 4 for $20. Again, like John I’m a little underwhelmed.

Oh, I’m sorry, I was replying to the Rooster.

Internet families evolve fast, perhaps those that were kind enough to back channel have moved on. I did not know my economics would elicit “comments”.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

“Been out of this for a long time, thought things would have gone up since then.”

Personally, I’d try for a profit at Ebay and I’d offer my friends here, a deal at or near cost … but that’s just me and a few others…

I wish you good fortune and I sincerely hope you sell them quickly.

Hey Rooster! Have you ordered your Dozen sets yet?(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Have a Great 4th!

Andre,

Sent you a message.

Earl

Moved to Ebay!

Hi Andre. Sent you another follow up PM. Let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Andrè Schofield said:

Bill, They are 5.75 inches long and have solid wheels

Not sure the brand but they are heavy duty, 1/8+ wall thickness of the frame members.

Andre thanks for looking, trying to find some shorter ones to make a mason bogie out of but I have a friend that needs wheels and I will pass info along to him, should have asked first but what country are you in? Thanks Bill

So, how do we buy multiple sets on EBAY, you only have one set per auction listed and you went back to original price on Aristo sets, so is it $10 or $20 per set??