Large Scale Central

Wanted - Bachmann Emmett Kelly Circus Cars

Hi All,

In search of any and all Bachmann Emmett Kelly Jr. Circus cars. The kids saw one of the caged animal cars in the store and now they want me to find all I can.

Also if anyone has a list of all possible cars I will be searching for that would be great too. I know over the years, Bachmann released several “sets” that have variations on some of the cars and then there were a bunch of “singles” produced. I don’t necessarily need to find, for example if the elephant car was produced in red and yellow variants, but more a high level list of possible cars to keep an eye out for.

Thanks for the help and advice!

-Chris

Chris,

You might post your question over on the Bachmann boards, if anybody can answer your question it will be “Loco Bill” that hangs out over there.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php

Rick

This link is a list of the cars

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php?topic=19456.5;wap2 (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Thanks guys! That list is pretty informative…now to find the pieces.

-Chris

They are on eBay quite often.

The only item I have left from my Emmett Kelly set, is Emmett himself, holding a broom, everything else was kitbashed or parted out.

Mike,

I think I have one of the passenger or combine cars if you are interested.

Nico

Nico Corbo said:

Mike,

Nico

Nico, thanks, but Chris, at the top of the page, is looking for the Emmett Kelly equipment

Chris, our club has a complete set, as I recall. Since you are not very far away, and our member often head to SoCal perhaps we can work something out. Go to our website and send a note. I’ll read it. <svgrs.org>

Don’t forget that LGB had circus cars too and I think a must for your train is the car that plays circus music.

Hi All,

Thanks for the great advice and offers!

@ Mike - LOL that is the second thing I found on EBay! Emmett was a steal at 1.00 plus 2.00 shipping. He should be arriving tomorrow to oversee his train construction.

@ John - Yes EBay was a huge success the last few days. I have scooped up many of the cars, even a few rare ones…Though I might have overpaid on 1-2 of them, but seeing how most are 20+ years out of production though, it might not be that bad of pricing :slight_smile:

@Nico - Thanks for the offer. I actually found all of the passenger cars on EBay. Just waiting for USPS to arrive with everything :smiley:

@Dick - I will send you a note on your site. I am looking for a few remaining pieces. Depending if your group would be willing to do onesie/twosies car sales vs. the entire set, that may work!

@Todd - Yes I do recall the few LGB and even the Aristo circus series cars. Funny enough our daughters 1st birthday was a carnival theme and we bought a “big top” circus DVD of carnival sounds to play during the party while the kids played all of the games we built. I was contemplating rigging up a Raspberry Pi or even a Beagle Bone in one of the stock cars to play these sounds as the train rolls around the track.

-Chris

Mike Wlez said:

Nico Corbo said:

Mike,

Nico

Nico, thanks, but Chris, at the top of the page, is looking for the Emmett Kelly equipment

And there was an Emmett Kelly passenger car and combine car, and I have a few. But the ones I am not using have been abused by their previous owners and would not be usable as is.

Welcome Chris !

Thanks Rooster!