Large Scale Central

Rockwall Canyon last run.

The last run over Rockwall Canyon occurred today around noon (despite a light snow falling).  After running a few laps with a solo engine, all ground level track was carefully lifted and stored.  Bridges and tables will be cleared later on after the early snow melts off. 

RCRR 1055 was the first locomotive to run the line in 2013, and therefore had the honors of being the last.  

The railroad was a blast to build and operate.  I appreciate everyone who helped me out over the years on the forums and to everyone who came to run trains over the last few years.  I've enjoyed G scale for around 25 years...but the time has come for a change.  (Ride on live steam).

…and another one lost to the ‘Dark Side’… Have a great time, and don’t forget to stop by and share your fun.

Well I can finally share a secret I have carried for the past four years. I first posted on MLS and like many others found the environment unwelcoming and the format less than user friendly for posting threads and pictures. Multiple appeals for help were made but none was forthcoming. After several days of beating my head on the wall over there I posted a comment about these problems.

It was then that one of the MLS regulars told me about LSC and directed me over here. That person was Rockwall Canyon Jeff and the rest as they say is history.

This is my story and I am sticking to it no matter how much Jeff denies it. Hmmm I bet you all thought Rooster was to blame.

ok where is it all being sold at? Ebay? here?

Is it too soon to ask this question?

Sad to lose someone to the hobby, have fun with the ride on!

Looking forward to seeing your ride-on scale adventures. Since it is still large scale, just Larger, it would be proper to continue to post here (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I’m still running those RCRR cars that came here in a trade deal. If you have any more Fn3 that you need to part with please let me know.

Rocky Canyonero said:

The last run over Rockwall Canyon occurred today around noon (despite a light snow falling). After running a few laps with a solo engine, all ground level track was carefully lifted and stored. Bridges and tables will be cleared later on after the early snow melts off.

RCRR 1055 was the first locomotive to run the line in 2013, and therefore had the honors of being the last.

The railroad was a blast to build and operate. I appreciate everyone who helped me out over the years on the forums and to everyone who came to run trains over the last few years. I’ve enjoyed G scale for around 25 years…but the time has come for a change. (Ride on live steam).

Hey Rocky,

When I see a thread with a “Ride-on trains” comment, my ears perk up. Happy to hear that we (those of us already in the very large scale ride-on hobby) have “caught” another one to the “Dark Side”. Have you had a visit to Railroad Supply Corporation yet in Nashua, New Hampshire? Great steam engines and Mike is a great guy to deal with, although a bit “laid back”. Been great with me. Good luck on your new enterprise :).

Jeff, sorry to hear your throwing in the g scale towel. Have fun with the ride on adventures. Todd

You can’t sell it all even considering how much fun and expensive the ride on live steam would be. You have to keep a bit of G to run on occasion.

That custom S4 looked great running along on the elevated section. Maybe you could turn that in to a folded dog bone layout for when you get the itch to run a train but firing up the live steamer would take too much time.

Thanks for the comments and well wishes, guys!

Boomer…I vaguely remember this back in the day! I’m always amazed at the emotions that can be stirred over topics that should be fun as trains. I’m glad you made the switch and I enjoyed seeing all your work!

Todd, the bridges are 1/4in welded steel and will be suitable for ride on use when placed in a different configuration. Like Marty, I am also planning some battery RC engines as well for quick access to fun.

The trains will likely be sold off either on here or Facebook g scale swap and shop. Local sales may have some preference too.

Rocky Canyonero said:

The last run over Rockwall Canyon occurred today around noon (despite a light snow falling). After running a few laps with a solo engine, all ground level track was carefully lifted and stored. Bridges and tables will be cleared later on after the early snow melts off.

The railroad was a blast to build and operate. I appreciate everyone who helped me out over the years on the forums and to everyone who came to run trains over the last few years. I’ve enjoyed G scale for around 25 years…but the time has come for a change. (Ride on live steam).

Jeff please let me know if you’re going to sell off any equipment.

todd whittier said:

Jeff please let me know if you’re going to sell off any equipment.

Hoarder!

I would like to get a freight car with RC on it to run around as a remembrance of another “fallen flag”.

Put a loop of G scale on a ride on flat car, and run your battery loco there!

I have a Z scale loop running on a G scale flat car.

Greg