Large Scale Central

New(to me) Dash 9, with the new revolution

I really like the new sounds. The only thing I don’t care for is the horn. But, for me this engine will be third in line. So, that doesn’t matter.

Nice video and run, Matt… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

i wish this this was my back yard!!!

great addition!

Thanks Andy and John!(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Yours sounds great.

I have the new Revo and I like the horn but I don’t like how you can’t control the duration. I don’t want to blow for a crossing when all that is needed is a quick toot when leaving the yard.

Todd, i wish I could blast the horn on my own too. At least the sound is much better though.

I think one of the issues is that the system is set to trigger sounds with magnets, so the “reasoning” was a grade crossing.

I’ve got to keep bugging them that the remote option should be the horn/whistle on momentary, blows as long as you hold the button.

Also the bell should be a toggle, and go on and off as commanded, not 7 rings or whatever.

Greg

The horn and bell are my only complaints. Should be an easy fix.

They have the emergency stop problem fixed. It stops immediately, allowing for a quick slowdown, to avoid crunching the gears.

Greg indicated elsewhere, perhaps on his website, that the locomotive started at too high a speed, that he could not simulate walking speed. That seems to be fixed, too. Using the default settings, my SD 45 would come to life with sound and lights at “1” on the “speed” readout, and very slowly (less than walking speed) begin to move at 5 or 6, depending on grade.

Umm… they fixed the emergency stop?

Try setting the loco to link address 49 and then emergency stop. If it stops immediately then, it has been changed.

The way it works originally is sends 50 stop commands, from link address 00 through 49… link 00 gets the first command. This is why you link your locos starting there, not 49… but let me know, and I’ll test it too in a week or so.

The starting speed default may have been changed, although the 3 axle Aristo locos take a lot more voltage for the same speed as the 2 axle ones…

Anyway, a good value for the money, and Navin is still there, so you do get good support.

Greg